Episode 16

Peace, Perks, and Pessimism in Less than 24 Hours

The Next Day

It was the morning of April 9th. The time was 7:24 a.m. and Takuji had arrived to do some renovations and alterations to Le Renard Noir. Atsumu had already decided to after considering what the mint-haired magician said the previous night, and closed Le Renard Noir. Riki and the rest of the guys removed the sheets and pillow cases in their temporary rooms. They folded them first; next were the pillow cases and then they put them on top of the blankets, setting them outside their sliding doors. Afterward, they went downstairs.

"Today seems like a good day to give you a hand in recreating the interior of the place," Takuji began with a calm tone of voice. "In fact, you have no need to worry. The exterior won't change; after all, a true magician's magic listens to their will and control. You'll have better cooking equipment and utensils for your kitchen ready for your needs, as well as new few tables, chairs, disposable chopsticks... Whatever fits your typical restaurant setting. Furniture and other items that do not personally belong to anyone will be replaced, but let me know if you want to keep any of your stuff; otherwise, you'll be giving me the trouble to restoring what's been removed and putting it back in place. I'll also give you money if you want." He smiled tranquilly. "This is a free service from me, anyway. It's good for you all to take it easy for a while." He turned towards his training partner from the olden days. "You too, Sayuri. You're one of the hard-working and trustworthy people there are in this universe, but it's fine to spend time with them if you want to."

The orange-haired girl stared at the editorial department CEO. "I see. Thanks, Takuji. I'll keep that in mind."

Takuto glanced at the mint-haired magician and inquired, "Are you sure it's fine to stay behind with Fort Beard-is-Here? Don't you have work at the moment?"

"Speaking of which," Hiro added, "you're a very famous figure in our world. You always look so professional when the media gives news reports on you, yet you're here helping us. It makes someone like myself curious about who you really are. For example, while you're viewed as a polite young man to everyone else, you're a pretty casual person towards us, but you also snapped at Boss and Kenny yesterday. There's got to be more sides to you than what we've seen so far."

Without a change in expression, Takuji replied to the college student and programmer. "Hiro, almost everything you've seen..." A lighthearted laugh was then heard. "...is part of me, and thus, makes up my whole/true self, but remember that the professional world creates the image that portrays me as a polite person for both the press, my co-workers, and meeting many people. There's no need to wonder about it since I'm expressing more than you'd think every day that passes by. To answer your questions, Takuto, I'm okay with being here with your elder. In addition, I've already told my employees that I was helping someone with a financial situation, so it's A-okay!" Once he finished his last sentence, he gave a wink with his right eye.

"Be careful with letting anyone else witness your good looks, especially human girls, Takuji," Mitsuki reminded with an eye smile. "They're quite troublesome when it comes to men who are attractive." She puffed her cheeks out in order to display her non-violent irritation. "Mattaku... (Honestly...) A crowd of them hovered towards Riki, even back when we weren't married to one another. I can't blame him for being handsome, though. Yet, I'd like it if they didn't go up to him to try to flirt and hit on him." It didn't take long for her to pout. "He's mine and no other woman can have him!" She squeezed the small picnic basket in her left hand tightly with a red aura of jealousy surrounding her.