Episode 8

The Savior of the Night—an Intellectual Beauty from Faraway

Shortly after saving the guys from being blown away by the gusts of wind Sayuri used her wings to manifest, Rina's body began to slip off the cliff slowly. Within less than ten seconds, she fell unconsciously into the sea. Takuto, Hiro, Riki, and Kenshi's eyes's widened when they witnessed Rina's body gradually make its drop.

"Rina!" Takuto shouted with the most tremors and vibrations stirring at his heart like a colossal storm and earthquake rumbling and traveling their way there with tremendous pelts. He felt as though it were the end of the world, seeing the love of his life go to her [possible] death in the treacherous waters which pounded with great force near what appeared to be the bottom of the mountain. With all his might, Takuto sought out the courage to confront his darkest fear and setting himself on utilizing what he could to meet it, narrowing his eyes sharply, clenching his fists. At that second, he decided he was going to fight everything in his way for Rina, and bolted right towards the edge of the cliff as fast as he could.

Hiro's heart stopped at seeing Takuto make a dash for Rina. "Takkun!"

"No!" Riki yelled, devastated just like Hiro was when Takuto was running at a fast pace. "Takuto!"

Kenshi understood within an instant as he watched Takuto go for it, and his shocked expression converted itself into a form of acknowledgement for his friend, allowing his smile to show for the former. "Don't try to stop him now, Riki. Takuto's resolve has been put in stone and we can't change that from happening. He's risking everything for the girl he loves."

Although Riki was hesitant with anxiety and concern for Takuto, he knew what Kenshi said was true. "But..."

Takuto... Riki thought, still concerned for the light blond on their team of thieves.

Hiro's unrest was also displaying as he observed the scene with Kenshi and Riki. "..."

Rina... Takkun... he trailed off in the depths of his mind. He felt as though the waves were slamming at his chest, but he had to hope for the murky, cloudy sky to dissipate before he could see the brighter side of all that was occurring with the rest of the Black Foxes.

Soon enough, Takuto jumped off the cliff, making his way down to where Rina was heading. She was a few feet ahead of him, but in a matter of seconds, he was able to catch up to her and put his arms around her body. It was a little after then that they hit the water with a loud splash; Rina was still in Takuto's embrace while they were underwater, but something happened shortly afterward, causing Takuto's eyes to widen.

Suddenly, the water they were in began to glow with a gorgeous blue-green light emanating from deep down the floor, spreading upward. Rina's body took in some of the enhancing light, and she opened her eyes. She saw Takuto in front of her and was staring at him with a mysterious expression on her face as if she were wondering why he was holding her. Takuto, on the other hand, was gazing at Rina with astonishment, and the two of them were looking into each other's eyes. It was a few seconds later that Takuto realized something.

?! The notion came to him like he was being washed away by a tsunami. I'm breathing... underwater?! I wasn't even able to do that before, so why now?

Takuto blinked. He took note of the everlasting glow that surrounding him and Rina, and knew his eased breathing was due to the tranquil sensation within the water's renewed body. A soft smile appeared on his face as he glanced up in awe and admiration. However, his amazement only lasted for a few seconds.