Chapter 8

Three days had passed since the incident as everyone quickly found out what had transpired in the dungeon.

Elenor would hear people gossiping about her being Akvhi's daughter. And some would even tease her about it while others showed her kindness.

She got support from both her lover and her siblings as all of this was happening. And as expected Drecun came to the Palace as soon as He heard what happened.

And went to the Palace check if Elenor was alright. As soon as He entered into the Palace and found Elenor sitting in the large gazebo.

She was looking at the red roses in the vase with a thoughtful expression on her face. Drecun walked over to her and said with a calm gentle tone in his voice.

"What is on Your mind, my child?" Elenor became a bit startled upon hearing her foster father's voice and turned to look at him.

She got up from her chair and said to him. "Father, I expected You would come sooner or later..." Drecun looks at her and said with a gentle smile on his face.

"I came as soon as I heard what had happened, Are You alright?" Elenor looks at him and said with a bit of a sad expression on her face.

"No... Things have been... A bit hard for me since that man tried to take me..." She let out a small sigh and said to him.

"It still feels strange to know who my blood father is... A part of me still believes that is a lie and the other half believes it...

I honesty do not know what to feel about it anymore..." Drecun looks at her and said to her as He sat down by the table with her.

"I understand that You feel conflicted with this... You need to calm Your mind and not focus too much on this..."

Elenor looks at him and said. "I know... But I cant stop thinking about it... Especially when people start spreading rumors about what happened that night..."

Drecun has a curious expression on his face and said. "Rumors? What rumors?" Elenor looks at him and said. "One of the girls here have been spreading rumors that the man that violated me...

But He did none of that except strangle me and try to..." Drecun curled his hand into a fist upon hearing this and said.

"Squawking hens the lot of them for spreading such lies..." Elenor looks at him and said. "I know, but luckily most the people here do not believe those rumors.

Neither did Arsen for He supported and comforted me, like Duncan and Rayena did..." Drecun looks at her and said with a curious look on his face. "I'm glad to hear that, and that You have such wonderful people looking out for You... including Your old man..."

Elenor has a little smile on her face as She told him. "And I'm grateful for it, As I am grateful to You for the things You have done for me..."

Drecun gave her a small smile as He told her. "That's the sweetest and kindest thing You ever said, Daughter... I am glad to have You as my daughter..."

Elenor looked at him with a small smile but that smile quickly faded when She saw the look in his eyes. He had a thoughtful expression in his eyes that told her that something was wrong.

She looked at him and said with concern in her voice. "Father, What's wrong?" Drecun let out a small sigh and said to her.

"I want to inform You about, It's the second reason why I came here in the first place..." Elenor has a curious look on her face as She asked him.

"What is it?" Drecun let out another sigh as He told her. "The other Lords and Ladies of the clans has caught wind of what happened to You...

And they wish to have a meeting regarding You..." Elenor has a surprised expression on her face upon hearing this and said.