The Clash of The Great Stags

This is the story that Scott read in his 13th episode. It states who Scott's 'family members' are.

Millennia ago, the ancient races of this world lived in peace. That was until the corruption spread, taking over the kingdoms it infected, wiping out entire civilizations leaving nothing but ruin and destruction in its wake, until the great gods of the lands came together to banish the corruption, thus ending the darkness and saving the people who followed them. But in doing so, they expended almost all of their power, forcing them to fall into deep slumbers, all except two, Aeor and Exor, the Great Stags.

For years, they ruled together keeping peace and harmony but Exor grew jealous of his brother's notoriety. As more people started to follow in his ways, the more jealous Exor became. As the two grew apart, their followers did too, tearing apart communities that once lived together. Aeor and his followers believed in peace, equality, and preserving life while Exor believed that not all were equal and shouldn't be treated as such. His followers often held horrible sacrifices of the weaker people in their kingdoms before eventually being driven out by the followers of Aeor.

Banished from their lands, Exor and his followers set out into the world, conquering towns and cities. Burdened by the actions of his brother, Aeor set out to put a stop to the terror Exor was causing. Gathering almost all the strength he had left, he engaged in an intense battle with Exor. Fighting raged for days between the two gods, seriously injuring both. After a grueling battle, Aeor eventually overpowered Exor, and using the last of his power, imprisoned him and his followers deep within the mountains, never to hurt anyone again, or so Aeor thought.

Many years later and the gods of old were nothing more than stories parents told their kids at night. Like most things, time forgets. A couple of elves played in the outskirts of their kingdom before they stumbled across some old statues and ruins deep in the caves. Alinar remembered the stories their father told them of the past about the evil stag spirit, Exor, and how he was banished deep into the mountains by the mighty Aeor and tried to convince his brother Cohnal to leave, but Cohnal, being the more rebellious sibling, refused to listen and dove deeper into the caves. A great power seemed to draw him in, with a voice offering him great power and wealth if he helped free him. Years passed and Cohnal frequently visited the ruins, much to the protest of Alinar.

As time went on, the two brothers drifted apart. Cohnal became more violent, reclusive, and resentful, spending weeks deep in the caves. Alinar eventually joined the high council of his kingdom. The townsfolk no longer felt safe with Cohnal and his actions, banishing him from the lands. As the years passed, stories of a demon-possessed being that matched Cohnal's description flooded the city. People began going missing at an alarming rate. Eventually, through much sorrow, Alinar knew what he must do and set out one night to find his brother and stop him once and for all. After making his way down the caves, he found his brother, surrounded by the remains of the missing people and strange symbols on the walls and the floor. Alinar no longer could see his brother but just the monster that he had become. Large demonic horns grew from his skull, dripping in corrupted energy. Seeing how his brother had been corrupted, Alinar called out to the mighty Aeor to seek help in banishing the corrupted version of his brother.

Battle once again broke out between two brothers, this time both champions of the Great Stags. After hours, Alinar, with the power of Aeor, once again defeated his brother. Knowing he couldn't just banish him underground again, Aeor channeled his power through Alinar and together they opened a portal to another land, forcing Cohnal and Exor into the Unknown, never to be seen again. As sadness began to overwhelm Alinar and offering some comfort, Aeor used the remains of his power to wipe the memories of everyone in the land. No one would remember the evil caused by his brother, Exor, or by his champion, Cohnal.

Life continued and Alinar set out to explore the world and meet new people in places. Upon reaching the end of his life, his soul, now bonded with the great stag spirit of Aeor, would pass on to a new host. The prophecy says that when the world needs them, Alinar's new being would be reminded of his past life and set forth to stop the corruption. The battle of two brothers would once again commence, plunging the world into an eternal winter if Exor and his newest champion were not defeated.