Chapter 20

They broke apart, panting.

Sadiq glanced around his car dissatisfied. Holding Cat in his arms again was driving him crazy, but making love to her required more room than the low-slung Bugatti offered. His gaze assessed the possibilities then returned to Cat, taking in her kiss-swollen lips, flushed cheeks, and dazed eyes, and bit off a blue streak.

His hands shifted on her neck, sliding partially into her hair to draw her back to him for one last kiss... that turned into one too many.

They broke apart again, this time with heaving chests colliding as they dragged in some much-needed air.

"I can't believe I stayed away this long," moaned Sadiq, his eyes wild raking over her sensual features.

"I can't believe I let you either," Cat grumbled, drawing a one-sided smirk that only made him even more irresistible. Her lips reached up to brush against the raised corner of his.

"I need you in my bed, Cat."

Cat eagerly nodded. "I'll text Em to cover for me. But it will have to be quick. We're already so far away..." She trailed off to look about them before turning back to face Sadiq. "Where the hell are we?"

He merely shrugged. "I'll have the GPS plot the quickest route back."

Cat nodded, already busy refastening her seatbelt that had somehow gotten undone, along with the buttons to her jacket and some of those on her blouse as well. Sadiq had swift and nimble fingers.

They lapsed back into silence on the way home. Cat busy texting her sister, who was unusually cautious in simply accepting Cat at her word.

Cat: I am going to be later than I expected.

Em: Why? Where are you?

Cat: Never mind that. Something just came up, that's all.

Em: What do I tell Mum?

Cat: You're the expert, make something up?

Em: Yeah? Like what? Cat's having a sleepover at the library? You don't exactly have friends to pull this off, Cat.

Cat: Tell them I'm with Lucy.

Em: That'll only work till Lucy walks in through the front doors.

Cat ran an exasperated hand through her hair. Em was being unreasonably difficult.

Em: It's your prince, isn't it? He's back.

Cat paused, considering her response carefully. She didn't want to freak Em out and have her night with Sadiq cut short before it even happened. Lying to her would never work.

Cat: Please.

But pleading with her just might. There was another pause and then Emily replied.

Em: Ok. But I am not happy about this.

Cat's heart sank. She hated worrying her sister, and Cat knew her twin worried about her more than anyone else. Emily tried not to show it, but ever since she'd got back from Saudi, Em has been on pins and needles about her. Anxious that the prince would ride in and sweep her off again. In a way, that was exactly what he had done. Only she was travelling in his Bugatti with no plans to take off in the air in any direction any time soon, if at all.

Cat: Thank you.

Cat shifted in her seat and turned to face out the window. She was suddenly uncertain if she should be reverting back into Sadiq's arms that night. But she also couldn't deny the longing that filled her at the mere glance of him.