Chapter 5

The door was locked.

Sadiq's lopsided grin now turned positively feral. The little cat was playing him. His hands reached into his pocket for his trusty pocket knife. It had been a while since he had last resorted to picking locks, but it was a skill which, once acquired, was not easily forgotten. The latch clicked open a second later and the dark silhouette of the prince slipped in. His men had been watching the Littles' household long enough to note everything about them. And that included the exact location of Catherine Little's room. The dark played lovingly over his silhouette, shrouding him in its embrace and all but vanishing him from sight should anyone be up to spot his trespass, but not a soul stirred, none but a restless one lying impatiently in wait for her lover to come to her.

His sure steps led him upstairs and past the rooms that did not belong to Catherine Little to pause before the one that did. This door opened without hindrance, but the darkness that seeped out from within did nothing to alleviate his need to feast his eyes on her. Two more steps took him through the door, and the careful turn of the knob allowed him to slide the door noiselessly closed. The lock clicked into place a moment later.

"I need to see you," he whispered into the dark.

A light flickered instantly in response before it flashed on. Cat's bedside lamp illuminated the room, casting shadows to dance over the walls as Sadiq moved involuntarily towards the bed, pulled once again by the inexplicable magnetic attraction between them. Cat laid there, sprawled across the bed, waiting for him.

She glanced down at her Hello Kitty night t-shirt then up at the swarthy man that breathed out sexily and felt instantly disadvantaged. She was supposed to lure him on with sex appeal and not shroud herself with an innocence she was far from feeling. She scooted back on her bed a bit and patted the side next to her.

Sadiq eyed the double bed doubtfully. It appeared to barely contain his lithe little kitten on it, would it take his six-foot frame as well? Sadiq stepped out of his shoes and reached up to swiftly undo his buttons before shrugging out of his shirt and jacket together. He stepped out of his pants and underwear next. The socks followed shortly after, then he slid n between the sheets beside her.

Cat stared with rapt attention at the man disrobing in her bedroom. Never in her wildest dreams had she ever contemplated such a scenario unfolding right here in her room. Not that she had ever considered the naked form of a man with any interest before meeting Sadiq, yet now she seemed incapable of considering anything else but that. Sadiq was clearly born to be one day naked in her bed. She swarmed in on him instantly, closing the distance between them and wrapping him in her embrace to rest her head on his chest.

They laid there like that for the moment, each enjoying the sensations of the other's embrace. Cat rubbed her cheek against the soft hair on his chest. Sadiq was all male, all over—chiselled and honed to perfection. But it was his beautiful face that kept drawing back her drifting gaze, and while her eyes seemed bent on fixating upon his shrewd green eyes, the rest of her was happy to continue the restless exploration of her body.

"I was your first," murmured Sadiq, thinking back to that one night they had shared together lost to passion. "Why did you let it happen?"

It had quietly bothered him on the sly that he had taken her virginity that night. It was not that he was averse to bedding virgins, but he had never been attracted to innocence before. Yet despite her untried state, she hadn't come across as a virgin but a steaming hot vixen. Even now she writhed against him in open invitation, robbing him of his senses with each sensuous brush of her body against his. Passion had long since blurred the lines of reason where his delectable little kitten was concerned. Catherine Little seemed to have an inexplicable sexual hold on him. She had it right when she suggested they simply give in to the urge. Flush it out of their system so they could finally move on.