Chapter 3

"Hey Cat, what do you think?"

Cat peeled her eyes off the pages of her astronomy book; her new secret passion that she had been stubbornly denying was getting in the way of her medical studies. That and a certain green-eyed wonder she spent way too long drooling over.

It had been three days since her encounter with Sadiq; three long days and equally restless nights. Cat reached up to pull off her headphones, inadvertently silencing Konoba's 'On Our Knees'. If there was ever a song that would send her to her knees this was it. It certainly played well enough to the mood she found herself in. Her gaze drifted lazily over her twin before dropping the mirrored baby blues to settle on the scarlet article of clothing Emily held, thrust out in front of her. As a date night number, this one was hotter than normal, even for Emily.

Cat lifted a pointed brow, knowing she needn't bother with anything more. Em could read her like a book. Hence her need to remain constantly buried in books of her own. It was hard hiding things from her sister. Harder still hiding away a secret as great as this. Sadiq. A prince. Pregnancy. Many secrets...

"It is a bit too much," Emily sighed in agreement, but pouted all the same. She had been hoping to wear it that night. But Cat was right. "And I just bought it too. Still, it would be a shame to return it. Do you mind if I stash this in your closet?" Em didn't wait for Cat's response, but marched on to swing open the door and proceeded to stash the dress in.

There were many clothes in Cat's closet that didn't belong to her. In fact, she could safely say she owned no more than a handful of what was in there. Everything she had was Emily's cast-offs. It was a failing she shared with Lucy. This intense dislike to shop. And, as a result, they were both dressed by Em.

"I guess I'll just have to head back out for another. I have a date tonight." Em paused to give an excited squeal before she turned heel and made her way back out.

Cat grimaced at her exit. She was glad Em had moved on from her unrequited infatuation with Jace, but she was equally certain this leap to someone new was too soon. Cat sighed, but found her eyes drifting back to the red dress. She had a sudden yearning to wear it. To wear it and confront a certain prince. A prince she so rudely ignored. Sadiq. Cat sighed, and tossed her book aside before unwinding her limbs to rise from the floor. She padded across the carpeted floor to her bed, spun on her heels, and collapsed on it to stare idly up at the ceiling. Then she lifted her hands up behind her to prop her head on them. Sadiq.

He was having her behave like the teen she was. With a fangirl crush on him the size of Australia. Somehow, even knowing what he was, it was not enough to drive him out of her mind. A freaking prince. How were they still around? Royalty had been fading out over time. He should have been extinct by now. Hunted down and drowned from birth by bureaucrats the world over. But here he was, standing tall and fucking gorgeous. Cat sighed unhappily. She didn't need the distraction and the prince was becoming an unhealthy obsession. The kind that kept her awake at night pondering over another night in his arms. What would that matter now anyway; she had already lain with the man, been impregnated by him, so would a repeat of the same really be all that bad? But would he be willing? Could she seduce him into another romp in the bed?

Cat shifted restlessly on her bed. Her bare feet sliding up her equally bare calf in a caress that did nothing to soothe the burning need within. Her breaths came out in short pants as she recalled the brush of his soft lips against her skin. They had been everywhere that night. Drifting over her bare skin with lazy interest and then plundering into the hot recesses of her mouth with raw assault. Her body trembled with renewed interest and Cat fisted her hand, flinging her head side to side in denial before she shot up to sit on her bed, gasping with need.