)4

"S-Sorry that slipped" he said looking at his feet "It's okay" i said and he smiled "You wanna do something fun?" he asked. I looked at him confused. He grabbed my wrist and pulled me out of the room. We snuck out the door "Ready?" he asked over the rain. I looked at him strange

"Never played in the rain before?" he yelled out. I shook my head "Now you have!" he said pulling me out into the rain. We jumped in the puddles and danced in the rain.

I never done this before. My Dad isn't a creative person, he wants me to be proper, mature and focused on my future. I don't wanna be that. I think? I stopped thinking about the reason why i don't do something and started doing it.

I kicked the puddles and danced in the rain. I suddenly felt my arm get yanked. I looked and saw my dad dragging me back inside. I looked back at Corey who was standing in the rain shocked "Dad what about Cor--"

"Don't" he yelled in my face, interrupting me. I looked down and he shoved me inside. My mom handed me a towel and went into the kitchen with a sad face "Pa i only--" i started "No, don't! That wasn't very mature of you. Mature people do not dance in the rain. You need did to focus on your grades and future! I'm very disappointed in you Drew" he yelled

"I need a life Dad!" i yelled but i regretted it immediately. I felt cold knuckles come in contact with my cheek. I fell to the ground and saw blood drip in the floor "Dayton!" My mom yelled running out of the kitchen and pushing my dad back

"Go to your room now!" my dad yelled at me. I scrambled up and rushed upstairs. Sheila was barking at my dad so i grabbed her collar and dragged her with me.

I slammed the door and locked it. I rushed over to the window and grabbed the blinds. I struggled to get them shut. My vision was blurry and tears fell off my cheeks. I looked over at Corey's house. He saw me and the color from his face drained.

He stood in shock as our eyes wouldn't move contact. I shut the blinds and took a hard breathe. I touched my nose that was dripping blood. I choked out and shakily picked up a rag. I dabbed it under my nose carefully, wincing at every touch.

My dad hit me. He hit me. The person i thought would never hurt me physically hit me. I looked at myself in the mirror. My cheek was already bruising and my nose was still dripping a bit. I stumbled out of my bathroom and laid down. I curled up in a ball on my bed and sobbed quietly. Sheila whimpered and laid next to me. I opened my eyes a bit and looked at my grey sheets. I frowned at my boring white room and closed my eyes.

......

I woke up with a pain in my face. I ran into the bathroom. My face was completely bruised. I huffed and shook my head. I put on a light grey hoodie that was tight on my wrist and soft on the inside, a white skirt that stopped mid thigh and some white shoes.

I let my hair fall so i could cover my face. I took a deep breathe walked downstairs with Sheila. As i approached the door someone tapped my shoulder. I turned around slowly and was faced with my mom. She gasped and covered her mouth

"Honey...." she said her eyes tearing up "You can stay home till that.... stuff clears up if you want?" she asked and i shook my head "I'm okay ma... I'm okay" i said as my dad come out. I looked at him and we made eye contact.

For the first time in years my dads looked softened, but mine didn't. I didn't make a face or brake contact. I put my bag on my shoulder and walked out the door. I put my head down as i walked so no one would see my face yet.

I finally approached the school and stepped inside. I looked around and saw Corey walking looking around nervously. He caught my eye and started sprinting over to me. I looked away and he approached me "Drew...Drew... Look at me please" he said grabbing under my shoulders. I looked up at him slowly. He swallowed at the sight of me. I looked away with my eyes "Wh- How?" he asked "My dad got mad at me for playing in the rain..." i said and Corey started pacing

"Corey don't tell anyone. This is the first time this has ever happened i swear. Please don't worry okay" i said and he looked at him. I gave him a pleading look. He sighed walked over to me. He wrapped his arms around me. I hugged him back.

He pulled back "Come one we will be late" he said putting his hand on my bad lightly as we walked to our first class.

I neatly put my books back in my locker and dropped my pen. I picked it up and turned back to my locker that was brutally shut. I turned and saw Scuff. I rolled my eyes and began re-opening my locker "Oooh, what happened here?" he asked trying to touch my face.

I leaned back and he put my hair behind my ear "Flinchy aren't yea? Does it hurt when i do this?" he asked poking my bruise. I winced a bit and he continued to poke it. I tried to move my face away but his finger only followed "What about this?" he asked flicking my bruise. I winced and heard someone behind me "Hey! Lay o-off her" I heard Corey say

"Back to this again huh Mr. Lost Boy?" Scuff laughed. Corey swallowed and pushed me behind him.. Deja Vu.

"Run" he whispered. We started sprinting off. We ran into our forth period and Scuff stopped at the door "You are gonna regret that Lost Boy. She will be ours" he grinned. I gulped and rushed to my seat. Corey followed me and sat down in front of me.

We don't ever do anything in this hour so i leaned in to Corey's ear "Why do they call you lost boy?" i asked and he turned to me. I studied all the bruises on his face "You will find out soon when it's time" he said turning back around. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked down.

......

I sat down at the lunch table as Corey did "So what exactly happened with your dad?" he asked and i sighed "Well we came inside and he yelled at me for being immature and not focused. I yelled at him i need a life and he punched me. Then i went upstairs" i shrugged poking at the Mac n' Cheese. Corey frowned "That is horrible" he said and i nodded

"You stuck up for yourself which is good" he said trying to make me feel better "Listen, you don't have to mature all the time. You can be a kid at 30 if you want. Okay?" he said. I looked at him and smiled "Okay"