Chapter 1. Encounter

There is no content warnings for this chapter xx

┗━━━━━━◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ ━━━━━━┛

Jisung needed a break.

Work was beyond exhausting, and as far as he could tell, he needed a fucking drink. He wasn't one to go out and party at random times of the night, especially on the weekend where a large crowd of people were surely out at a bar or clubbing their life away, chugging random alcohol and possibly consuming drugs left and right. It wasn't Jisung's exact idea of a good time, but being a musician, a struggling one at that, made him really want a bottle of soju.

He lived in an apartment by himself, one that was hardly kept clean and was small enough. The only separation his bedroom had from the living room was a dressing divider, one he found on the side of the road and would suffice enough to offer some privacy when he had company over. It was an affordable living space, one that would get him by before he could live in some sort of lavish mansion or. . . something.

He barely owned enough furniture, especially for someone who had been living there for the past year, it looked like he had barely moved in. Jisung admittedly was a bit frugal and didn't find the need or want to expand the amount of possessions he had if he were to move out of this hellish apartment within the next few months. But, then again, he's been telling himself he was going to move out for at least six months already, so, he was stuck in a loop of lying to himself every day.

He had a large desk, one that took up most of the room in his living space, fitted with three computer monitors, a powerful computer tower and a multitude of music equipment. He had a microphone, a keyboard, soundboard, mixing board and a few loose cables from something, but everything he needed to make a song was present. He had a few guitars hung on his wall for display purposes, but every now and then, he indulges himself and plays a few songs to alleviate the stress in his veins.

He wasn't famous by any means, making barely enough to afford this shitty apartment from his freelance music work and composition skills, mixing and remixing songs over and over again until he can barely keep his eyes open. His diet basically consisted of coffee and take out from the barbeque place down the street, which was enough protein to keep his body alive and kicking.

He had some friends, ones he barely went out with, but he did his best to keep in touch. They had been friends since high school, and he wasn't one to break promises. He told both of them that he'd keep himself in contact regardless of where they'd end up, making sure to see them at least once a month. Felix and Seungmin were his only friends, moreso the only ones who put up with his bullshit and lack of schedule. They graduated almost five years ago, putting everyone out of college and into the real world, where they all were very much single and working boring nine to fives.

Jisung did his best to keep himself isolated, making music for almost sixteen hours straight some days and other days sleeping until the sun set for the second time. Some would call him lazy, but Jisung refers to his routine as producer magic, claiming that he needs to hibernate until another idea develops in his mind and takes a hold of his heart.