Chapter 8. Longing

There is no content warnings for this chapter xx

┗━━━━━━◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ ━━━━━━┛

"Thought I what?" Jisung deadpans, unamused with his head slightly tilted, voice a cent lower than his usual happy tone.

Minho feels like he can't breathe. He specifically went on this trip to get away from all of the stress he left behind over an hour away, wanting to clear his head and find a sense of peace, but here he was, sitting and looking at two of the stressors in his life. "Thought you didn't like superhero movies."

Jisung eyes him curiously, and Minho hopes his lie would be enough to cover the surprise lingering in his eyes. "I don't like most of them. But I like watching the first Avengers movie?"

"Ah," Minho averts his gaze, taking a breath. "I was mistaken, then."

"Come sit," Felix invites, smacking the couch cushion beside him. Chris doesn't bother to hesitate, settling on the sofa comfortably as his eyes turn towards the television. Minho stands there almost dumbfounded, shifting the weight between his feet as Hyunjin eyes him worriedly.

"Actually–" Minho mutters out. "Can I go lay down for a bit? The plane made me a bit tired."

"Yeah," Chris leans away from the back of the couch, pointing down the hall that was to Minho's right. "There's two guest rooms down here and two rooms upstairs. Has anyone picked rooms yet?"

"Nope," Hyunjin hums. "Wanted to wait for you two slow pokes before we did anything."

"Do you guys mind if I pick a room upstairs, then?" Minho watches everyone shrug and shake their head absentmindedly. He nods back, turning on his heel to enter back within the entryway. Minho listens to the group begin to settle back into silence as they listen to the movie play, hands reaching for his bag as he turns and begins his trek up the stairs. Each step is slow and careful, waiting to see if Jisung would follow him upstairs, but by the time he reaches the top, he notices that no one rises from the couch.

Three doors appear in the short hall, and Minho makes it a point to choose the farthest bedroom. His feet steadily lead him to safety as he peaks into the room, greeted by the sight of large open windows, a perfectly made bed, a small dresser and a small chair in the corner of the room.

Minho tosses his bag onto the dresser before flopping back-first onto the bed, sighing in relief the moment he greets the plush comforter and mattress.

Jisung being here on this trip wasn't necessarily a bad thing, but it definitely foiled Minho's plan to relax. Maybe they could talk and smooth things out before anything got even more awkward, but Minho wasn't sure if Jisung wanted that. Minho knows he has to communicate his needs and feelings, but the other night, Jisung sounded like he didn't even want to talk about his own feelings besides them being confusing, which leads Minho back into a dead end.