Chapter 6. Stuck

There is mentions of cheating/being unfaithful along with confrontation and themes relating to anxiety. Please do not read any further if these topics are sensitive to you.

 Please do not read any further if these topics are sensitive to you

┗━━━━━━◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ ━━━━━━┛

The minute Minho finds his own couch again, he feels his world spin on its edges.

He had just driven Jisung home after spending the night with him again. He hates to admit how natural it all felt. He wasn't close to Jisung by any means, but something about the younger made him feel comforted. Their arrangement was peculiar, and he definitely wasn't used to it. Separating feelings from sex was hard enough as it is, especially considering how annoyingly compatible they were.

Relationships were intimidating. Everything Minho hated about them stemmed from pure insecurity, all learned from his previous relationship with Seungmin. It's not that they weren't good for each other or that they were toxic, at least, Minho would refuse to admit it to being like that in the first place. Through his own eyes, Seungmin was driven and always placed their relationship first. There was no distrust held within their bond, all pure and soaked in love, something Minho was learning for the first time.

Minho was a junior in college when he met Seungmin. They started off as lab partners in a random chemistry class that Minho had taken to get rid of his final generic class credit, being partnered with a freshman that was oddly optimistic and sarcastic. Seungmin didn't strike Minho as his type at first, always sticking the elder with a sly comment the second he settled into his seat nearly two minutes late every day.

"Maybe if you showed up on time, the teacher wouldn't be so hard on you, hyung."

Minho would sigh and settle in, opening his laptop with an unamused glare, always responding with the same thing to whatever greeting Seungmin would meet him with. "Sure, Seungmin. Sure."

They had spent an awful amount of time together studying and preparing for an exam, given that the other people in their class were not ideal study partners. Seungmin never bothered to invite his other friends over and would keep his time with Minho private. Minho never bothered to ask why.

On a random Wednesday, Seungmin accidentally ran into Minho at the nearby coffee shop and Minho offered to buy his drink, where they suddenly both found out that they enjoyed iced americanos equally. So, it became a thing. Once a week they would meet for coffee and study there instead, isolating themselves further from other friends and responsibilities, solely focused on one another.

This continued for two months, and somewhere within these months did Minho find himself feeling comfortable enough to want to share details about his life, diving into a close friendship with the younger that really caught himself off guard. So, they started hanging out more frequently, watching movies in Minho's dorm room and going for walks, spending an ungodly amount of time talking about why Minho didn't understand baseball and why Seungmin loved it so much.