Chapter 16. Closure

There is partying/drinking in this chapter, as well as an overindulgence in alcohol written within a nightclub environment. Please avoid reading any further if these topics are sensitive to you.

 Please avoid reading any further if these topics are sensitive to you

┗━━━━━━◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ ━━━━━━┛

"So. . . tell me why you were so desperate to meet with me?" Seungmin asks, hands folded against the table, an unamused glare tinted within his eyes.

"We need to straighten all of this out." Minho says warily, holding an almost empty cup of iced coffee in his hand. "Jisung is really broken up about all of this, and I can't stand to see him like that anymore."

"He did it to himself by lying to me."

"Please." Minho rolls his eyes. "I dated you for two years, Seungmin. I think I know you pretty damn well. You're not going to sit here and lie to me by saying that you don't care about how Jisung feels."

"You don't know anything about me anymore, Minho. You lost the right to know anything about me when you put your dick in someone else."

"Okay, enough." Minho sighs, leaning forward in his chair. "First of all, we're in public. So please lose the attitude. Secondly, I do know you, whether you want to admit it or not. You've never been so cold and hateful like this. You care too much about others to truthfully act like this."

"There's been a lot of changes in the last couple of years that you wouldn't know about." Seungmin drawls, eyes avoiding. "I've been alone and working nonstop. A repetitive cycle that bores me to death, but I come back to life whenever Jisung needs me. I've always been there for him and I do care about him a lot, that's not a lie. But can you really blame me for being so angry?"

"No. I can't. But be angry at me. Not him. He really didn't know about us, well, the whole truth of it. I never told him how long we dated or how serious we were. I didn't tell him that we lived together and loved each other the way we did. He knew none of it. I just told him, before we got too deep with one another, that we dated previously so he knew there was history between us."

"Why would you not tell him all of it?" Seungmin raises a brow, voice a little lower; curious, almost.

"I didn't think it was important, and I didn't think it was his business. At the time, I thought we were just going to sleep together and call it a day. I didn't expect to get so wrapped into his life the way I did. We were just compatible in that way. There was nothing about it that led me to believe that he and I would end up where we are now."

"Where are you guys at now?" Seungmin's voice is suddenly quieter, almost shaky.

Minho takes a breath, thinking of the best way to tell him this, but he shrugs his shoulders and decides against lying anymore. "We've been together for two months. I'm sorry to tell you like this, Seungmin, but there's just no reason for me to hide it from you anymore. I love him a lot, and I found it hard to ignore how I felt about him anymore."