Chapter 19. Burned

There is a lot of confrontation in this chapter, along with themes about a car accident that resulted in the death of a loved one. Please avoid reading further if these topics are sensitive to you.

 Please avoid reading further if these topics are sensitive to you

┗━━━━━━◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ ━━━━━━┛

Three weeks pass in the form of avoidance and stillness.

Minho devotes his mornings to talk with Chris on the phone while on the way to work or to the gym, avoiding all discussions about the gala and the events that took place with Jisung. Minho acted as if nothing was wrong, but Jisung could see the difference within him. He was colder, more reserved; just different. However, Jisung knew that Minho was likely dealing with a lot, so he kept to himself, ignoring his pent up feelings for the better part of the last few weeks, doing his best to be as unbiased as he could be. Jisung also partially knew about the phone calls Minho would make to Chris, but really hoped that Minho wasn't confiding everything in Chris only.

Jisung spends most of his time working on new music, finding the silence oddly peaceful. Their relationship seemed nearly unaffected by all of this new tension, but neither of them chose to fix any of their unspoken issues. Minho would go to work and come home several hours later to find Jisung in nearly the same spot he had left him in. They talk, eat dinner together, watch a movie and head into bed as if nothing had changed. They still loved each other, but failed to realize the damage that they were doing to their relationship the more they left the situation pinned above them, dangling right in front of their eyes. Yet, neither of them wanted nor dared to acknowledge the growing distance between them.

Today in particular, Minho left earlier than normal. Jisung was asleep when Minho had left, eyes scanning the apartment for life as he rolled out of bed just shy of nine in the morning. The cats had been fed, now off somewhere snoozing the morning away and out of sight, leaving Jisung alone as he walked towards the fridge in search of sustenance.

It's only then that he thinks to check his phone for a text, and to his surprise, he finds one.

Minho ♡

Got called in early. I'll be home in time for dinner.

Jisung groans. The text was dry and he hated how distant Minho had seemed. Out of worry, and doing his best to be a good boyfriend, Jisung decides to text him back.

Just woke up. I was sad to see you gone already. I'll see you when you get home.♡

With his phone discarded to the kitchen counter, he takes it upon himself to continue looking for food, reaching for left overs from the night before so he could avoid using too much energy when he was still groggy. To his surprise, yet again, his phone buzzes. He honestly was not expecting another message from his partner, assuming that the conversation was well over. Curious, Jisung walks over and taps the screen, spotting another message.