Chapter 7. Getaway

There is non-explicit sexual content in this chapter, along with themes of discussion about mental health topics and unrequited feelings. Please do not read any further if these topics are sensitive to you.

 Please do not read any further if these topics are sensitive to you

┗━━━━━━◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ ━━━━━━┛

Sometime later after hours spent chatting over a round table with empty coffee cups, Jisung and Minho find themselves entering into Minho's apartment, greeted by a chorus of chirrups and mews. Jisung smiles at all of the cats, offering small waves to each of them as he walks a couple of steps into the apartment, making room for Minho to enter inside to close the door behind him.

"I'll meet you on the couch, I just gotta feed the cats." Minho says quietly, setting down his keys and kicking off his shoes. Jisung follows, kicking off his own shoes and heading further into the familiar apartment, walking past Soonie with a smile curled on his lips. Jisung kneels down, almost unable to ignore the purring cat, a careful hand being held out in front of the feline's nose, allowing the innocent creature to sniff his hand before deciding to stroke the cat along the line of his back. Soonie purrs innocently, arching his back along Jisung's pets, tail flicking upright happily.

"You're just a cutie, aren't you?" Jisung says softly, cooing quiet mews back at the cat who was meowing at him sweetly.

"He likes you," Minho says quietly as he appears, walking around Jisung to place down two small bowls of dry cat food on the silicone mat to his left.

"Maybe he's just being nice because he thinks I might have food."

"No, he actually likes you." Minho laughs, standing back up straight. "He usually hates everyone."

"Still haven't befriended the other two yet," Jisung says quietly and Minho shrugs.

"They'll come around."

Jisung watches Minho disappear into the kitchen again but returns a few seconds later with a final bowl in his hand that he also sets down on the mat in line with the others. Jisung stands back up after giving Soonie a final scratch under his chin, allowing the cat the chance to eat if he chose to.

"It's starting to get late," Jisung notices, eyes turned towards the large, uncovered windows. "How long did we sit and talk at the cafe?"

"Probably like two hours." Minho scoffs. "We tend to get carried away easily."

"I just like your company," Jisung rolls his eyes jokingly, strolling towards the couch, Minho not too far behind. "Sue me."

"In what way do you enjoy my company?" Minho's voice is very obviously teasing, and Jisung wants to hate him for it. Jisung sits down on the couch, Minho almost immediately following suit and sitting a few inches away, his hand softly landing on Jisung's knee.

"I know what you're insinuating," Jisung laughs. "But if it makes you feel better or whatever, in both ways. Are you happy now?"

"Hearing you say it does fuel my ego, yes." Minho laughs too, hand squeezing Jisung's knee slightly.