Strange

Albert

"Susanna," Albert's voice was a mere whisper in the room. 

Albert's legs were getting tired after being crouched down next to the mattress for so long. Susanna was a stubborn little thing. Albert had been breaking her down for quite a while. And tonight, she was cracking. The stress was getting to her. She was giving up.

Albert began to realize very early on that Susanna was different. She wasn't like the others that he tortured. Because torturing her was more painful for him than it was for her. Which said a lot because he just made her cry for the past fifteen minutes straight.

Despite the cramping in his legs Albert never left her side. She was curled up in silence now, with her knees pulled up to her chest. Her head bowed down, and her hair hanging over her face.

Albert didn't know how to comfort a girl. He never had a daughter. He didn't even have a sister. And any women he had ever been with were merely cheap dates. That ended in a quick fuck. Or a handy in a secluded parking lot. There were more desperate women than you'd think. Women who got in the car with strange men like Albert.

There was a thrill in their ignorance. They didn't think twice about the stranger they were jerking off, or who he might be outside of the shadows in a parked van in an abandoned lot. They failed to consider the high possibility that he could slice their throat in his van, and no one would know. Something about that thought really brought him to climax. While the women's hand was on his cock all he could think was...'This woman doesn't even know what I do in this van. She doesn't know how close to death she is.' Sometimes those women would find out what happens in that van. Or sometimes Albert would let them go home. He'd never see them again, but when he got home, he would jack off to the thought of it.

"Honey?"

Albert checked his watch again. The minutes were passing them by like hours. All he wanted was to hear her voice. He wouldn't leave until she was her perky, irritating self. The girl who never shut up. Who never listened. And most of all who brought out a spark in him.

Susanna was right about the concrete walls that surrounded her. They start to drain you. You start to resemble them. And it would be a crime to let such a feisty girl die so young. She was too bright for such a dim room.

Albert placed his hands on his thighs and pushed himself up off the ground. Albert wasn't sure what else to do. When he called to her, she didn't answer. He began to pace the floor. Because he wasn't sure where to stand. No single part of the basement felt comfortable right now.

He really thought that Susanna would have looked up at the sound of his footsteps. Because in past arguments no matter how mad she was. Susanna always looked up at him with her puppy dog eyes, just when he was about to leave. Then she'd begged him to stay with her. To hold her till she fell asleep. However, this time she didn't glance up once.

Albert chose an empty wall. He stood in front of it with his back pressed up flush against it.  He crossed his arms. Then crossed one foot over the other. Albert took a deep labored breath.

"Susanna, I know you're upset." Albert ran his hand back through his graying hair.

"As you can tell I'm not very good at this," he laughed nervously. "Growing up Max was always more of the smooth talker. Believe it or not."

Albert cleared his throat. "That's kind of how you and I are. You are more of the talker. I guess I could even learn a thing or two from you."

Albert was sure the mention of Max would have gotten her. Susanna never missed an opportunity to bring up her undying love for his brother. And Albert had this incredible jealousy over it. He didn't like to dwell on his weaknesses. But that jealousy had been festering, and now it was a terrible poison inside of him.