1

Arthur and Matthew's first kiss happened on a summer evening. They had been best friends for years, and with each passing day, their feelings for each other grew stronger.

Despite the religious views of Arthur's parents, the two boys had always found a way to spend time together and cherish their companionship. On this particular night, they had snuck off to a quiet spot in the woods, hoping to stay out of sight and enjoy the beautiful view of the stars above them.

The air was warm and the breeze made leaves rustle on the trees. Arthur and Matthew shared a blanket and laid down on it, looking up at the sky. After a few minutes of comfortable silence, Matthew broke it by taking Arthur's hand in his.

Arthur felt his heart beating faster than usual, but Matthew's soft touch gave him the courage he needed to lean in and give him a gentle kiss. It was their first kiss, and it was perfect.

The kiss was brief but full of emotion. They held each other close to savor the moment as the sky danced with the light of a full moon.

Even though Arthur's father would not approve of their relationship, Matthew swore to always love Arthur and protect him, no matter what. And that was what mattered most to Arthur in the end – true love and a partner who cared about him, even in the face of adversity.

[240 words]