9

Arthur's mother nervously entered the small coffee shop where she was to meet Matthew. She had seen pictures of him, but she was still anxious about meeting her son's boyfriend for the first time.

As she walked up to the counter, she could see Matthew sitting at a small table in the corner, his eyes fixed on his laptop screen. He looked up as she approached and his face lit up with a warm smile.

"Arthur's mother, it's lovely to meet you," he said, extending a hand. "Arthur has told me a lot about you."

She took his hand, shaking it gently. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Matthew," she said, her voice soft.

They sat down at the table, and Matthew offered to buy her coffee. She accepted, and they began to chat. Matthew spoke passionately about his love for Arthur, and about their plans for the future. Arthur's mother listened attentively, taking it all in.

As they continued to talk, Arthur's mother began to feel more at ease. She could see the love in Matthew's eyes as he spoke about her son, and she was grateful that Arthur had found someone who cared for him so deeply.

As the afternoon wore on, they both became more relaxed. They discussed their beliefs and values, their hopes and dreams for the future. Arthur's mother could see that Matthew was a kind and intelligent young man, and she was pleased that he was the one who had captured her son's heart.

As they parted ways, Arthur's mother felt a sense of relief. She knew that it wouldn't be easy, but she was ready to stand by her son no matter what came their way. She had seen the love in Matthew's eyes, and she knew that it was true and pure. She would support their relationship, and she would do everything in her power to help them build a happy and fulfilled life together.

[325 words]