7

As Arthur quietly slid back into his bedroom window, he couldn't help but feel a sense of dread rising in the pit of his belly. He knew that his father would not be pleased to find out that he had snuck out to meet Matthew.

A few hours later, Arthur was called down to his father's study for a "serious talk". When he arrived, his father was waiting for him, a stern expression on his face.

"Arthur, we need to talk about your recent behavior," his father began, his voice low and serious. "I found out that you snuck out of the house last night to meet Matthew. This is not acceptable in our family, and I expect you to know that."

Arthur felt a lump form in his throat. He had known that this conversation would come eventually, but he wasn't prepared for it to happen now. He knew that he had to face his father's anger and stand up for himself.

"Father, I love Matthew," Arthur said, his voice steady. "And I'm not going to let your rules stand in the way of my happiness."

His father's fury flared, and he began to yell at Arthur, telling him that his actions were embarrassing and unacceptable. Arthur knew he had to remain calm and collected, but his father's anger was getting the best of him.

Finally, after what seemed like hours of yelling and arguing, his father stormed out of the room, leaving Arthur alone with his thoughts. Arthur knew that the road ahead would be long and difficult, but he was willing to face it head-on, no matter what it took.

[275 words]