11

Arthur's mother and father sat down at the dinner table, both tense with unease. They had been arguing about Arthur's sexuality for months now, and the tension between them was palpable.

"I can't believe that you're still supporting him after all that's happened," his father spat, his voice rising. "I thought you would have come to your senses by now."

"I am supporting my son," Arthur's mother shot back, her voice firm. "And I will do whatever it takes to make sure that he is happy and healthy, no matter what."

The argument continued to escalate, with both sides refusing to back down. "I won't have that boy in my house," his father shouted, his voice growing loud. "And I certainly won't have him around my grandchildren."

Arthur's mother's eyes narrowed. "I won't let you stand in the way of my son's happiness," she said, her voice growing quiet. "And if you can't accept him for who he is, then maybe it's time for you to leave."

The room was silent for a moment, before Arthur's father slammed his fist on the table. "Fine," he said, his voice tight with anger. "I can see that I'm not wanted here anymore. I won't be a part of this." He stood up and left the room, his footsteps echoing through the house.

Arthur's mother sat in silence for a moment, her lips pressed into a thin line. She knew that the decision she had made was a difficult one, but she also knew that it was the right one. She would stand by her son no matter what, and she would do everything in her power to make sure that he felt loved and supported. She hoped that one day his father would come around, but if not, she was prepared to face the consequences.

[305 words]