8

Arthur's mother sat down with his father, ready to have a heart-to-heart about her son's sexuality. She knew that his father's opinions were never going to change, but she couldn't let that stand in the way of her son's happiness.

She started off the conversation gently, trying to find common ground with his father. "I know that this is difficult for you to accept, but this is who Arthur is," she said, her voice steady. "You can either accept him for who he is, or risk losing him forever."

His father's face twisted into a scowl, and he slammed his fist on the table. "I will never accept him as anything other than my son," he said, his voice tight with anger. "Arthur will always be a man, and his relationship with that boy is an abomination in the eyes of the Lords."

Arthur's mother knew that the argument was going nowhere, but she refused to give up. "Arthur is still your son, no matter what," she said, her voice firm. "And I will support him, no matter what. I won't let you come between us anymore."

The argument escalated into another shouting match, with his father's voice growing louder and more strident as the conversation wore on. Finally, Arthur's mother stood up, her eyes narrowing. "I won't let you come between me and my son," she said, her voice growing quiet. "I will always support him, even if that means leaving you behind."

The room was silent for a moment, before Arthur's father stood up and left the room, slamming the door behind him. Arthur's mother watched him go, her eyes filled with determination. She knew that the road ahead would be difficult, but she was ready to face whatever came her way, as long as she had her son by her side.

[300 words]