Chapter 9:Deception is also a form of combat

Demiurge is a brilliant strategist. It wasn't a surprising fact, that is the purpose he was created for and appointed his position in Nazarik.

The one who worked the closest with, beside the Supreme Beings, was Albedo. He didn't think of tge way the overseer of the Floor Guardians thought as wrong. However, there was a first time for anything.

Demiurge:...Excuse me, Albedo. I do not think I heard that right. Mind repeating yourself.

Albedo:Lord Ainz has left to deal wirh Shalltear.

Ah, so he did hear her right the first time. Now the only thing left to do is find out exactly how hard she hit her head to think that was a good idea.

Demiurge:Why would you let him go alone? You were so opposed to him going to even the human village without at least one guard by his side, so why? We could've just attacked Shalltear in waves!

Albedo:There's no way Lord Ainz wouldn't think of a plan we had come up with. He has purposefully lied to us.

Demiurge:Than why did you let him go?

Albedo:Long luve 3D...

Demiurge:Huh?

Albedo:I mean that Lord Ainz had made his intent clear and insisted on it. Stopping him now would be inelegant. Also, he has promised he would return to me.

Demiurge:You're letting your judgement be clouded ny your emotions instead of thinking it through! Our purpose is to protect him, even if we'd have to disobey him! Lord Ainz is the last of the Supreme Beings, the one person worth swearing our loyalty for.

Demiurge got up and began leaving. However, Albedo would not have it.

Albedo:Where are you going.

Demiurge:Obviously to get mu subordinates...

However, in his way out he had meet with a wall. Said wall was big, blue and went by the name of Cocytus.

Demiurge:Cocytus? I see, so the reason I was called back is that so I couldn't just leave...You fools! How are you gonna atone if Lord Ainz perishes in his fight!?

Albedo:Anything, just name it.

Demiurge:If you're wrong, tha you don't deserve your place.

Cocytus:Are you asking her to give up on her leadership over the Floor Guardians!?

Albedo:Very well.

Demiurge:Hm...

Albedo:Cocytus, how would you rate the chances in this match?

Cocytus:...Seven to three. The three being for Lord Ainz.

Albedo:Than let us see how Lord Ainz beats those odds. Oh, and Demiurge?

Demiurge:Yes?

Albedo:Whoever said ge was alone?

At a safe distance Mare and Aura were watching the spot in the forest where Ainz and Shalltear shall have their battle. Many magic circles glew in the area.

Aura:That is...

Mare:Super-tier Magic!

Aura:Yeah, but...

Kumagawa:[He sure puts all the buffs, huh?]

Both Mare and Aura jumped back in shock at the sudden comment. Kumagawa appeared between the with a bucket of popcorn in hand.

Mare:Kumagawa-sama!

Aura:Man, you're stealthier than our stealth squad!

Kumagawa:[Ahahaha, I guess so.]