Chapter 11: It's good to have our loli vampire back

Ainz watched as the last remains of Shalltear's body had turned to dust and scattered in the wind. It was truly a sight to behold.

Shalltear was the strongest Floor Guardian, if he excludes Gargantua. And the fact that Gargantua isn't an NPC, but rather a bonus won from a dungeon, means Shalltear was the strongest NCP created by the guild Ainz Ooal Gown.

He was sure of the fact that there was no spell, skill, or item that could kill her in one shot. Clearly he was wrong, but Kumagawa Misogi seems to be an exception from all rules.

Ainz:Good work, Kumagawa...But can you please get that further away from me.

Ainz pointed towards strange the sword that Kumagawa was still holding. He may be just bones, but he can feel gossebumps on his entire body just by looking at it.

He doesn't know why he feels like that exactly. There were many horific sights in Yggdrasil, some eben taking lovecraftian inspiration.

Hell, as an Overlord he isn't even supposed to feel fear. Yet he can't help but feel like there's something just...Wrong with that sword.

Kumagawa:[Sure, sure. Guess there's no more use to this for that.]

And just like that the sword has vanished from reality. Soon after Aura and Mare came down to theor location.

Ainz:Good, everyone is here. Let us return. Gate!

The familiar dark portal opened and as they passed through it they arrived in the throne room of Nazarik. Albedo, Demiurge and Cocytus have waited for them there, each having bowed in greeting to their master's return.

Albedo/Demiurge/Cocytus:Welcome back, Ainz-sama.

Ainz:Humu. I don't think there's any need for me to explain our new course of action, is there? Let us start the preparations.

After a little while tge Guardians have nrought a large sum of gold, coins and other objwcts as well. The Staff of Ainz Ooal Gown laid in Ainz's skeletal hand.

Ainz:Yes, everything seems to be in order. In that case, I will ressucret Shalltear. However, there is still the risk of her still being under the mind control.

Albedo:If that is the case, tha let us deal with her.

Ainz:...Very well. If Shalltear is still under the mind control, I will let this task in the hands of the Floor Guardians. Than I...

Kumagawa:[Ah, I got it.]

Before Ainz could even move the staff the deceased Shalltear appeared before them in a perfectly healthy state. However, her breasts were rather lacking compared to hiw she usually looked.

Ainz:...There wasn't a reall need for you to do that, you know? It's already proven that Yggdrasil's currency has no value here.

Kumagawa:[Yeah, but it's still gold. We can mold it into a pretty satuette and tha sell it overprice go some dumb rich suckers.]

Ainz:Do you have experience as a con man, by any chance?

Kumagawa:[Hehe!]

Ainz:Well, I suppose it doesn't matter...Albedo!

Albedo:Yes, her mind seems to not be under any sort of external manipulation anymore.

Ainz:I see.

Shalltear opened her eyes and yawned, like waking up from a long dream. She felt a weight on her shoulders and when she looked she saw Ainz griiping her shoulders gently, like a father would do to their child.

Shalltear:...Ainz-sama?

Ainz:I'm glad...No, I'm sorry.

Shalltear:Huh!?

Ainz:This was all my fault.

Shalltear:I don't understand what's going on...But Ainz-sama can't possibly be at fault! Ah, I'm gonna experience my first time here...

Shalltear seems to still be confused and started daydreamimg. Understatably, Albedo was quite annoyed by it.

Albedo:...Ainz-sama, Shalltear is no doubt tired, so you should let her be.

Ainz:That's true, we'll talk about that later. Shalltear, right now I want to ask you something.

Shalltear:Yes, anything!

Ainz:What is your most recent memories?

Shalltear:Well, I was attacked by bandits and then...

Memories slowly resurfaced as she regained her counsciousness entirely. Images so vivid of her desperation, acceptance abd death.

Shalltear:There was the fight with Ainz-sama...And then Kumagawa-kun killed me.

Kumagawa:[Yeah, it was a fun outing.]

Ainz:I see...

That reaction she just had, it's safe to assume that she must have originally not have been supposed to remember what happened in the time of her mind control. Thus must no doubt be the result of Kumagawa's All Fiction.

Mare:Um...Excuse me?

Ainz:Hm? What is it, Mare?

Mare:I was just woundering...Why didn't we use Kumagawa-san's All Fiction to get rid of her mind control?

Ainz stared at him in a way that showed no emotion...Right, he could've done that! He was so overwgelmed by the situation he completly forgot!

Demiurge:If I may speak, Ainz-sama did so because if we just got rid of it we'd miss important informations about how that mind control worked!

Ainz:Yes, exactly! You guessed my intentions correct, Demiurge!

At this declaration Kumagawa let out a snicker. Although it was so silent only Ainz was able to hear it.

Ainz:Is there something that feels off, Shalltear?

Shalltear:No, I don't thi...Ahhhh! My breasts...Are gone!

Albedo:Y...Y...Y...You bonehead! What are you talking about!?

Aura:Right! And this entire situation is your fault!

Every Guardian, other than Shalltear, was exasperated by her at this point. Ainz made a surprisingly comic face for a guy who had only a skull as head and tha looked over at Kumagawa.

Ainz:...It was intetional, wasn't it?

Kumagawa:[Yes, I do admit it was.]

Ainz:Why?

Kumagawa:[Well, unlike how everyone else seems to have, I have no greater reason. I just thought it'd be funny.]

Ainz:And?

Kumagawa:[Just look at her! Hahaha!]

Kumagawa pointed at Shalltear who was getting scolded by the other Guardians, while laughing in unaldutered amusement. Clearly, the man had no shame whatsoever.

Ainz:Ahem! Now, I have some other bussiness to attend to. Everyone but Kumagawa and Albedo, leave.

As they left Shalltear's gaze lingered on Kumagawa a little longer. Still remembering that moment, his eyes like clear water.

Ainz:Hm, this has been an stressful endeavor. Now, there's still many things to find out.

Kumagawa:[You know, I was thinking...]

Ainz:Go on.

Kumagawa:[This is quite the situation you got in, from that Yggdrasil you were talking about. So then...Who's to say you were the only one. Couldn't Shalltear-chan's condition be the result of one of those World Items?]

Ainz:That is a very good theory. I have been meaning to search for any possible guildmates that may have ended up here, but I can't dismiss the possibility of other Players having come here.

Kumagawa:[Although that's not necesarry the case. Sure, they may have become influencial people ir simply hid, but they may have as well died long ago and the item just has been passed around.]

Ainz:Yes, although we can still only hyphotesize without any clear evidence.

Albedo:Than, let us prepare some counter measures.