Part 1: The Beginning of Summer

"And thus, let the first Cool Kids Club meeting of the summer commence!" Lachlan exclaimed.

"You realize how childish this is, right?" Vikk laughed. They were sitting cross-legged in a worn-down tree fort, of all things. It had come with the house, alright? One would be a fool to not get any use out of it. But making a whole club and having meetings and everything did seem a bit...youthful.

"Aww, Vikk, but that's the fun of it!" Lachlan said with a rather contagious smile. Vikk couldn't say no to that face.

"Alright, alright," Vikk laughed. "What's the first order of businuss?"

"Well," Lachlan began, leaning against the wall. "I say we decide what we're going to do this summer. I'm not going to waste it!"

"We should have a nerf gun fight. That'd be fun," Vikk suggested. "Or go on a camping trip."

"I wanna try and catch some fireflies," Lachlan said wistfully. "I think it'd be fun."

Vikk laughed. "You're a nerd. And I mean that in the best possible way."

"HEY GUYS!" A voice shouted from below. Vikk and Lachlan both put their heads out a window in the tree fort. Of course, it was Rob.

"Vikk and Lachlan sitting in a tree..." he began singing.

"Nooooo," Vikk said, covering his face with his hands.

"K-I-S-S-I..."

"You could shut up now!" Lachlan exclaimed.

"Aw, look, he's blushing!" Rob laughed. Vikk couldn't help but sneak a glance at his fellow club member, and sure enough, his face was rather pink.

"Rob, I swear..." Lachlan fumed.

"What'cha gonna do, lil' Lachy?" Rob teased.

"I will come down there and murder you!"

Vikk couldn't stop from laughing as Lachlan climbed out of the fort.

"PRESTON! REQUESTING BACKUP!" Rob yelled, being chased around the yard by Lachlan.

"Nah this was your fault," Vikk looked over to the door to see an amused Preston standing there. Rob simply glared at him for a moment.

In the time it took for him to do this, Lachlan had managed to catch up to Rob and tackled him to the ground, sitting on his back. "You were saying?" Lachlan said, unamused.

Rob made an exaggerated throat-clearing noise. "I was saying first comes love..."

"Don't you dare," Lachlan warned.

"Then comes maripffftt," Rob got a facefull of dirt before he could continue.

"That's what I thought," Lachlan said triumphantly.

At this point, Vikk had made his way down the ladder and was walking across the grass to Lachlan. It was kinda funny to see him get so worked up over something like that. For a long time, Vikk had suspected that the Aussie might have had a small crush on him. He didn't mind it at all, in fact, he found it just a little cute. But Rob's-and the rest of the pack's-endless teasing wasn't helping the situation much.

"I think he's learned his lesson, Lachlan," Vikk smiled.

"Nah, I think he hasn't," Lachlan said, arms crossed.

Rob spit out some grass. "I really haven't. Hashtag Vikklan for life."

Lachlan growled. Vikk giggled.

"C'mon," Vikk said, grabbing Lachlan's arm. "You can't sit here all day."

"I can and I will," Lachlan said stubbornly, fighting Vikk's pull. Unsucsessfully, as it turned out, when he was pulled off of Rob's back and onto the grass. "I stand corrected."

"Correction: you lie on the grass corrected," Vikk laughed.

"Alright, I lie on the grass corrected," Lachlan sighed.

Rob, though given a perfect opportunity to escape, simply lifted his head off the ground and yelled "PRESTON SAVE ME" in the general direction of the house. Preston, still standing in the doorway, smiled.

"Why?"

"Because," Rob said, rolling onto his back. "You're my knight in shining armor."

"D'aww, I can't say no to that!" Preston exclaimed, finally stepping out into the yard. He grabbed Rob's hands and pulled him upright.

"Oh, thank you for saving me, dear knight!" Rob said over dramatically.

"It was my pleasure, princess Robert," Preston bowed.

Lachlan laughed, still sitting in the grass. "Rob and Preston sitting in a tree..."

"I totally deserve this," Rob sighed.

"K-I-S-S-I-N-G!"

"I am afraid I must go, dearest knight!" Rob exclaimed, beginning to walk towards the house.

"Until we meet again, fair princess!"

"First comes love, then comes marriage..." Lachlan chased Rob into the house, as Vikk and Preston looked on with amusement.

What a wonderful way to start the summer.

...

And that wraps up chapter 1! It's probably pretty sucky but I don't feel like trying to fix it because who cares, honestly. I hope you enjoyed and see you next time!

~Lia