Part 10: Happy Ending (final)

Lachlan was eating a sandwich when his phone buzzed with a text.

yo come to the clubhouse, emergency meeting

It was Vikk. Lachlan picked up his phone with one hand and attempted to text back with one thumb.

ill be thwre in a minute

therw*

there*

Lachlan set down his sandwich and facepalmed. His phone buzzed again.

lol you dork

Lachlan couldn't help but smile.

...

Vikk sat against the trunk of the tree in the clubhouse, knees up to his chest, facing the window. His phone was providing no real entertainment, other than the typo texts from Lachlan. So now all he had to do was wait for his boyfriend to climb up the ladder.

It didn't take long, but the aforementioned blond poked his head into the door later than Vikk had expected. "Just so you know, I think Preston followed me out, so there might be some spies lurking around," Lachlan said.

"Eh, I doubt they can see in here," Vikk observed. He shoved his phone in the pocket of his sweatpants.

"I wouldn't be so sure about that..." Lachlan said cautiously, crawling into the clubhouse. "Anyway, emergency meeting?"

"Yeah, uh..." Vikk said nervously, brushing some hair out of his eyes. "Could...could I kiss you?"

"Jeez, that's it?" Lachlan said. "You didn't need to ask me that, y'know. I'm happy with surprise kisses."

"Oh, that's good to know," Vikk laughed. "So that's a yes?"

"Duh," Lachlan laughed.

"Heh, I thought so," Vikk replied. He leaned in a few inches towards Lachlan and then stopped suddenly.

"What? What's wrong?" Lachlan asked.

"Nothing," Vikk said. "I just don't wanna screw it up."

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"I'm just worried that I'm gonna screw up, in one way or another, and ruin everything, y'know?"

"Jesus Vikky," Lachlan sighed. "You need to chill."

Lachlan followed up his sentence by doing something he never thought he'd have the guts to do: he grabbed Vikk's face and kissed him. And it was very, very short, but very, very worth it. And when they pulled away, they rested their foreheads together, and Lachlan stared right into Vikk's eyes.

"See? You didn't screw up."

"Well, you didn't give me much of a chance to."

"So, when's the wedding?" A third voice popped in.

"JESUS CHRIST PRESTON!" Lachlan yelled, breaking away from Vikk and leaning back on his elbows. Preston had been peaking in from the ladder and somehow neither of them had noticed.

"I already asked Robbie, he wants to be the flower girl," Preston continued. Vikk facepalmed. Lachlan, however, took more offense.

"Oh my god, get out," Lachlan said, dragging his hands across his face.

"But you're my OTP," Preston said in a fake accent.

Lachlan made an exaggerated noise that laid somewhere between a groan and a sigh before turning around and chasing Preston down the ladder. Vikk looked over the edge to see that he was now chasing Preston around the yard. However, Preston quickly escaped into the house, and slammed the door in Lachlan's face.

Vikk climbed down the ladder quickly as Lachlan flashed puppy-dog eyes at him. The blond sat on the ground, defeated, and pouted.

"He's stupid," Lachlan said, looking up at Vikk as he sat down on the grass.

"Not as stupid as you," Vikk poked Lachlan's arm.

"Aw gee, thanks," Lachlan smiled a little.

"I love you, y'know," Vikk said, before kissing Lachlan's cheek.

"You sure about that?" Lachlan said. "Cuz I think maybe I love you more."

"God no, we are not starting that," Vikk laughed. "But just for the record I love you the most."

"NAAAH," Lachlan said, grinning. "Y'know, if this were a fairy tale, I'm pretty sure this is where it would say 'and they all lived happily ever after, the end.'"

"Actually," Vikk said. "It would probably happen right about...now."

And then Vikk kissed him, properly, this time.

t̶h̶e̶ ̶e̶n̶d̶ ̶i̶ ̶g̶u̶e̶s̶s̶

So...that's it. I think. The ending sucked but so did the whole story so...............................

Anyway thanks for reading! I also have a new story that will probably come out at some point (it will contain vikklan but will mainly be noochzahhutt).

Ciao!