Part 5: Block Party (Vikk's POV)

Vikk had been sitting on the couch, peacefully scrolling through social media, (mainly Tumblr), until he scrolled passed a meme about frogs and someone laughed behind him.

Vikk smiled, turning his head to face the culprit: Lachlan. "How long have you been here?"

Lachlan shrugged, his chin resting on his hands and a cheeky little grin on his face. "I dunno. A while."

"Do you...do you wanna sit down?" Vikk asked.

"Sure," Lachlan replied, before quickly vaulting over the back of the couch and landing perfectly. Vikk was surprised, in a good way. 

"Sooooo," Vikk said awkwardly, attempting not to make eye contact with Lachlan. Ever since his conversation with Rob that morning, Vikk couldn't help but think of Lachlan a little differently - and he couldn't make up his mind as to weather that was bad, or good. 

"Sooooo," Lachlan replied.

"Want to do something, or something?" Vikk asked, setting his laptop on the coffee table. 

"Suuure," Lachlan said. "Mario Kart?"

"Nah," Vikk dismissed, leaning back slightly into the couch. "Mitch got maple syrup on some of the controllers so it's kind of a gamble to play now."

"Oh yeah, I forgot about that," Lachlan said, also leaning back, and putting his feet up on the table. "What about...Minecraft?"

"Minecraft?" Vikk asked. He didn't play that game a whole lot. Mitch and Jerome did, though. He supposed it would be something to ease boredom.

"Minecraft," Lachlan nodded. They stared at each other, eyes lingering for longer than either of them appeared to be comfortable with. 

"Sure, why not?" Vikk shrugged, breaking the tension and the awkwardness that had seemed to surround them.

Lachlan's eyes lit up adorably. "Cool, I'll get my laptop!"

Vikk totally noticed the pink tinge his cheeks had obtained after the stare ended.

...

"You two having a block party?" Mitch asked suddenly, upon walking in on the two playing video games together on the couch. Vikk had a sneaking suspicion that Rob had told him about what had happened that morning.

"I guess," Vikk laughed, though trying to keep his concentration. They were playing a round of micro battles, and Vikk was outnumbered, two to one. And he had no idea where Lachlan had gone.

"Hehe, block party, I get it," Lachlan said. Right after he'd said this, Vikk was hit with an arrow.

"Could I join you after this round?" Mitch asked from somewhere behind Vikk. 

"Yeah, sure," Vikk said absentmindedly. Lachlan had been sniping him from atop that random dirt block pillar, so Vikk was using his own dirt blocks to pillar up as well. But man that thing was tall, especially for a game of micro battles. And Lachlan kept making it taller. "How many blocks do you have?"

Lachlan suddenly stopped building up. "Uh, that many," Lachlan looked down at the piller in-game.

Vikk laughed and began digging out blocks from Lachlan's pillar to use for his own. However, he'd forgotten about Lachlan's teammate. And was soon shot off the pillar and to his death.

"AUGH!" Vikk exclaimed, gripping the sides of his computer. He heard Lachlan laugh at him.

"GG...?" Mitch said. Vikk could tell he was smiling, even though he had faceplanted on his keyboard and could not see the Canadian.

"Yeah, GG Vikky," Lachlan said, ruffling up Vikk's hair. Vikk wasn't sure why, or how, but the contact had left him feeling all fluttery with a racing heartbeat. 

"Shut up," he said against his keyboard.

"So, Mitch, we're on Mineplex and we were going to play super paintball next," Lachlan said. Vikk wished he could take his face off the keyboard, but he was fairly sure he was blushing.

"Nice," Mitch said. "Also, is Vikk okay over there?"

"Oi, earth to Vikk!" Lachlan said. Vikk felt someone shake his shoulder, and he knew it must've been Lachlan. He got tense form the contact, but lifted his face off the keyboard anyway.

"Yeah I'm fine," he laughed nervously. "Let's play some games."

So, a look into Vikk's head. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I don't have much more to say other than apaoaoafalaeasasa bqeqcqoqmqeqsq crarnrornr next chapter, Ciao!