Part 7: Vikk the Tumblr Girl

I apologize, I'm about to swear, avert your eyes: HOLY FUCKIN SHIT. OVER 900 READS, OVER 100 VOTES. HOOOOOW. I had absolutely no idea what the fuck I was doing when I started this thing. I still don't really have a good idea of what I'm doing, but whatever it is I'm doing, you guys seem to like it so I'll just continue.

Seriously. Thank you so, so much guys.

~Lia

Vikk walked into the living room the next morning only to be immediately shushed by Jerome.

"Ssshhhhh," Jerome said, hovering near the back of the couch. "They're still asleep."

"Who're still asleep?" Vikk asked quietly, looking to the couch. His question answered itself: Preston and Rob were cuddled up on the couch. Vikk stifled a laugh. "D'aww, they're so cute."

"Yeah, they were awake longer than me," Jerome said, "and I was awake 'till like one-thirty."

"Well, tell me when they wake up," Vikk said, turning and walking towards the kitchen. "I need to bother Rob about it."

...

Rob walked into the kitchen ten minutes later. "Uh..." he said sleepily, rubbing one of his eyes. "Jerome said you wanted to bother me about something...?"

"Yeah," Vikk smiled. "Rob and Preston sitting in a tree..."

"Oh god..." Rob said. "It's too early for this."

"It's like ten, now let me finish," Vikk said. "K-I-S-S-I-N-G..."

"I totally deserve this," Rob facepalmed.

"First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes...adoption? I guess? I dunno."

"Ha, creative," Rob said. He walked over to the table and sat down across from Vikk.

"For fudge sakes Vikk," Preston walked into the room. "If I'm gonna be kissing anyone, especially Rob, it'd probably be on a couch or something, not in a tree. Safety first."

Rob rolled his eyes. "Shut up."

Vikk smiled and leaned forward on the table. "C'mon guys. Spill."

"Whaaaaaat?" Rob said in a very, very fake voice. "I'm an open book. I have nothing to tell."

"Yeah, same," Preston said. "Robbie and I aren't romantically involved at all."

"Well then...!" Vikk said.

"Preston, jeez," Rob said. "You are very bad at keeping secrets."

"Oh, c'mon, it was gonna get out within two days and you know it."

Vikk raised his eyebrows. "I guess that makes my OTP canon?"

"Vikk you are such a tumblr girl," Preston said.

"I don't know if I should take that as a compliment or not," Vikk laughed. "Anyway, when Lachlan wakes up tell him...oh never mind."

Speak of the devil, Lachlan walked into the room. "Does this house ever have a normal morning...?" He said, running a hand through his hair.

"Probably not," Preston said. "Vikk wanted to tell you something. I don't know what, you might wanna ask him."

Lachlan looked expectantly at Vikk.

"Just meet me in the tree-fort when you get a chance," Vikk said, standing up. "Emergency meeting."

...

Lachlan walked out into the backyard, not having bothered to put on shoes. The grass felt cool through his socks, and the sun was warm and very pleasant to be under. He headed to the tree-fort ladder and began to climb up, hoping his socks wouldn't get stuck in the wood.

Only having gone up about three steps, Lachlan rested his chin on the floor of the fort and looked up at Vikk. He was sitting with his back against the wall, knees up to his chest, focusing on something on his phone (probably social media). The morning light shined on him in a way that was cinematic, almost, and Lachlan found himself staring for longer than necessary.

"Hey," Lachlan said after a while.

"Oh, hey!" Vikk said, casting a fleeting glance at Lachlan, still resting his chin on the floor. "How...how long have you been there?"

"I dunno," Lachlan said. He pulled himself up the ladder farther and sat, cross-legged, on the floor of the fort. "Anyway, what's up? Why the emergency club meeting?"

"I don't know if Jerome told you," Vikk said slyly, "but Rob and Preston were cuddling on the couch this morning."

"Bruh," Lachlan said, "I bet it was cute as hell."

"It totally was," Vikk said. "But that's not all. I don't know for sure - but they were heavily hinting that they're actually together now."

"Aww, that's cool," Lachlan began, "they're really good for each other, I think."

"Yeah..." Vikk said, a bit distant. "Speaking of..."

"Hmm?"

Vikk pulled his knees to his face and hesitated. "Never mind," he said, muted by the fabric of his sweatpants.

"What was that?" Lachlan said.

"I said never mind," Vikk said. "I changed my mind. Or, rather, I haven't made up my mind yet."

"Oh, well, okay," Lachlan said. "You can tell me whenever you figure it out, I guess."

"I will, believe me," Vikk said. "By the way, has Rob talked to you recently?"

"Well, like, normally? Yeah. Why?"

"Well, he talked to me recently and...well..." Vikk hesitated once again. "It was about you."

Lachlan paused. He had a bad, fluttery feeling that he knew where this was going. He tried to keep a straight face, failing miserably.

"Uh..." He said worriedly. "What about me?"

"Nothing important," Vikk said. "Just that he thought we'd make a cute couple. I'm not sure if I agree or not."

Lachlan could tell he was lying, but he went along with it anyway.

"You should have turned and told him that Preston and him would make a cute couple," Lachlan said. "You can't exactly do that now that they are a couple, though. At least, not with the same effect."

"Haha, yeah," Vikk said. "Anyway, I've got some things I've gotta do. See ya later."

Vikk pushed passed Lachlan, trying a bit too hard to not make eye contact, and climbed out of the tree fort. And Lachlan had a growing suspicion in the back of his mind that Rob had spilled the beans about his little crush.