Part 8: Interrupted

"DUDE...!" Rob yelled, mashing all the buttons on his wiimote at once. He'd just gotten shelled four times in a row by four different people, one of which was Preston, and now he wasn't able to move. "The button's like...stuck or something..."

"Mmm-hmm..." Preston said, causally cruising through Coconut Mall in first place.

"No, really, I'm in twelfth now," Rob said. "I think my controller's broken."

"Yeah, about that..." Preston said, trying not to laugh. Rob stopped pressing buttons and leaned back on the couch, sighing.

"Preston did you do something to my controller?"

"No..." Preston laughed. "Mitch spilled maple syrup on it a while ago and now half the buttons don't work sometimes."

Rob paused, sliding the wiimote's strap off his wrist. He then swiftly punched Preston in the arm. "you jag! You could have told me that!"

"No, because then I wouldn't have won!" Preston said, leaning away from Rob as the race ended.

"You didn't anyway!" Rob shouted. Preston looked at the TV, fake horrified; he'd come in second place.

"FUDGE YOU ROBERT!" Preston shouted, ditching his controller and tackling Rob to the couch in a fit of giggles.

"Preston! No!" Rob laughed, as Preston began to mercilessly tickle him. All efforts to stop this action were ineffective. "Preston we're gonna fall off the..."

Preston and Rob fell off the couch in a tangle of limbs, breathless from laughing. Preston nuzzled into Rob's neck and hummed with contentment.

"Mmm, I never wanna leaf this position," Preston said, into Rob's neck.

"We are on the floor, Preston," Rob laughed.

"I don't care, it's comfy with you here." Preston kissed Rob's neck quickly and softly. Rob made a small, happy noise, and rolled over to face Preston, their noses touching.

The two paused for a moment, gazing into each other's eyes like the lovesick idiots they were. However, before Rob could close the distance between their lips, they were rudely interrupted by a door slamming followed by someone saying "what the hell are you two doing on the floor."

"Well we were about to make out," Preston said, turning slightly to face Vikk, the person who had interrupted them.

"On the floor?" Vikk asked.

"Yeah, well..." Rob began, "...we kinda...fell...don't question our thought process."

"Okay...well, whatever," Vikk said. "I'll leave you to that."

Vikk left immediately after. Rob and Preston turned to look at each other.

"Do you wanna get off the floor?" Rob suggested.

"Possibly," Preston replied, "but I'm lazy so let's not."

"Ugh, fine," Rob said. He tangled his fingers in Preston's hair and kissed him. It started out softly, and slowly evolved into something sloppy and lazy, but nice. However, it didn't last very long, as someone else had slammed the back door and was now yelling at Rob.

"ROB DID YOU FUDGING..." Lachlan stormed into the room, and looked over the couch to see the couple tangled on the floor. "What the fudge is happening here."

"We're on the floor, what does it look like?" Preston said, annoyed.

"...okaaaay," Lachlan said. "Anyway, back to what I was saying: ROB DID YOU FUDGING TELL VIKK?"

"Uuhhhh..." Rob said. "I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Don't play dumb!" Lachlan exclaimed. "You totally told him didn't you. The fudge am I supposed to do now?"

"Tell him yourself," Preston said.

"Yeah, that's a good idea," Rob said. "You go do that, we'll continue our thing over here."

"No, you don't understand," Lachlan said, running his hands through his hair as he spoke. "It's not that easy. I'm...I'm worried that he hates me, or something."

"Nah, c'mon, he doesn't hate you," Rob said. The current position they were in, still tangled on the floor, was getting more awkward by the second.

"But what if he does?" Lachlan questioned. "I don't wanna bother him, just in case..."

"How are you gonna find out, then?" Preston said. "No way to see unless you try. Go on. Shoo."

"Okay, well, you guys are clearly in the middle of something romantic," Lachlan began, "so I'll leave you two to...whatever this is for now, but I'm totally yelling at Rob later."

Finally, Lachlan left.

"God, now this is just awkward," Rob laughed.

"We are totally making out later though. In a sensible place this time."

"Agreed."

Procrastination is my middle name. I AM SO sORRY >_<

Anyway I'm prolly gonna try to update this fairly quickly and finish it off, because NoochZahHutt is my new OTP and I have a fic idea but I told myself I'd only work on one fic at a time. It'll probably be called something along the lines of "The Forever War" and the plot is already mostly planned out so I'm super hyped for it!

Ciao!

(also this chapter sucks ass sorry its p fluffy though so i hope that makes up for it)