Part 2: Water Balloons

"Jeez, why is it so hot out?" Lachlan sighed, his voice muffled by a pillow. He was currently lying on the couch in shorts and a tank top, flipping through TV channels.

"Because it's summer, that's why," Rob said, paying more attention to his phone than anything else in the room as he leaned against the wall in between two windows.

"Y'know, we should really invest in air conditioning," Lachlan suggested. All they had currently were random fans strewn across the house.

"Yeah, probably should," Rob said, looking like he was about to chuck his phone across the room.

Lachlan turned the TV off. "Let's do something," he suggested, taking his face off the pillow and sitting up.

"I FLIPPING HATE GEOMETRY DASH!" Rob exclaimed suddenly, waving his hands wildly with the exclamation. 

Lachlan gave him a look.

"Ah, sorry," Rob said. "Do something? Like what?"

"I dunno," Lachlan shrugged. "Something that'll cool us off, preferably."

"Ice bath challenge?" 

"NO! Anything but that."

"Hang on, Vikk's asleep, right?" Rob said. Lachlan could tell he was formulating a plan.

"Yeah..."

Rob's bored look turned into a sly one. "What if we woke him up. With water balloons."

Lachlan looked at him oddly. "Okay..." he began, "...do we even have water balloons? Also, wouldn't that kind of make a mess?"

"We do not have water balloons, and yes," Rob said. "But there's a Walmart like two blocks away from here."

"You're serious about this, aren't you?"

"Totally."

Lachlan sighed deeply. "Okay, I'll go with you to get the balloons, but if we're going to be surprising anyone, it's going to be outside, alright? I don't wanna have to deal with cleaning up all that crap."

"Okaaaaay," Rob said. "I can't really argue with that."

...

A half hour later they'd managed to find a bucket of 600 total water balloons and filled about twenty-five or so. Now the question remained: what should they do with them?

"Is Vikk still asleep?" Lachlan asked. They were sitting outside on the front lawn, next to a pile of multicolored balloons and a hose gently trickling water.

"Probably," Rob shrugged. "No, but seriously, what do we do with these?"

"I know exactly what to do," Lachlan said, picking up a particularly cyan one. He held it over Rob's head and squeezed it until it burst, soaking Rob's hair and face.

"Heeeeey," Rob laughed, picking up a red one and throwing it lazily at Lachlan's chest. It bounced off and landed in the grass without breaking.

"So, you wanna have a proper water balloon fight or what?" Lachlan suggested.

"Let's do it."

Less than three seconds later, the two rushed into the house to grab their roommates.

"PRESTOOON!" Rob shouted as soon as he opened the door. "WE BOUGHT WATER BALLOONS COME OUTSIDE!"

"Did I hear 'water balloons'?" Mitch stuck his head into the living room. 

"WATER BALLOONS?" Jerome followed up.

"Yoooouuu bet your booty!" Lachlan dragged Vikk into the room. 

"Wha..." Vikk rubbed his eye tiredly. "I don't understand why you had to wake me up for this."

"Water balloons, man!" Preston popped out from behind the couch. The whole ordeal was like a badly scripted skit.

"Seems legit," Vikk replied. "But I'd like to go back to sleep if that's o..."

"Nope," Lachlan said, grabbing his arm and dragging him towards the door. 

Once they got outside, Preston immediately grabbed more balloons than he could physically handle. It took both his arms to carry them, so he wouldn't really be able to throw any. Rob, however, grabbed the red one he'd thrown at Lachlan earlier and threw it hard at Preston, causing him to drop all the balloons and get soaked. Thankfully only about half of them broke, or the fight would have ended up rather short.

"Maybe this'll wake you up," Lachlan laughed, hitting Vikk in the face with one. Vikk's hair drooped into his eyes and he didn't look happy, though he definitely looked more awake.

"Oooh, you're getting it now," Vikk said, dual-wielding orange and green balloons, ready to pelt them at Lil' Lachy. 

"Really? Am I now." Lachlan dodged the first ballon, but was hit square in the chest by the second.

"Yeah," Vikk laughed.

"Well, at least I'm cooled off a bit now."

Meanwhile, Mitch had splashed a balloon over his own head to cool off before proceeding to do exactly the same to Jerome.

"Today is a good day," Vikk said, just before being hit by a red water balloon. 

"Hmm, yeah, it is," Lachlan smiled.

And the fight continued.

This chapter sucked, I'm so sorry

Anyway the reason it took so long is because I'm horrible and somehow managed to DELETE THE WHOLE THING and then I had to re-write all of it which is probably why it sucks so much ;-;

Also I might not be able to update for like a week because my family's going on vacation! I'll try to but I probably won't have any internet so...

Ciao for now!