Part 6: 2 AM Thoughtfulness

It was about 1:30 in the morning, and for some reason, Jerome, Rob, and Preston had decided to stay up and watch the Star Wars marathon playing on TV. Even though by the time it ended the sun would be rising.

"Oh yeah, I forgot to ask you earlier," Preston said over the noises of light-sabers. "What happened with Vikklan?"

"Oh, is that what we're calling them now?" Rob said, shifting his gaze to Preston.

"Yeah, why not," Preston shrugged. "It's the perfect ship name."

"Okay, well," Rob said. "That makes sense, I guess."

"Okay, what about when you talked to Vikk this...or yesterday morning, I guess? C'mon bro I need the good gossip."

"Am I out of the loop on something?" Jerome popped in.

"Oh yeeeeaaaaahhh," Rob said. "We...and by we I mean Preston, Mitch and I...have kind of set out on a mission to get Vikk and Lachlan together."

"Oh," Jerome said. "I always figured Lachlan had a thing for Vikk."

"Yeah, well get this," Rob said. "This morning I asked Vikk if he knew about Lachlan's little crush...and, well, he did."

Preston rested his elbows on his knees and his chin in his hands. "Does Vikk like him back? Go on!"

"Well," Rob began. "He was...unsure. He said he'd never considered it, actually, but then Lachlan walked into the room, as if on cue. And Vikk was totally checking him out."

"Whoa really?" Jerome said.

"This is some sick teenage girl sleepover level gossip," Preston laughed. "But to continue, Mitch told me that they were playing Minecraft together earlier and apparently Vikk was being super awkward and weird."

"Dude," Rob said. "He totally like Lachlan and doesn't know it."

"Well I mean we don't know that..." Jerome said.

"You didn't see his face this morning when Lachlan walked into the room," Rob laughed.

"Yeah, I guess you're right," Jerome said. "Just don't mess things up between them, okay?"

"Nah, we're fine," Preston said lazily. "I doubt we could ruin a friendship like theirs. And by friend I mean 'friend'," Preston used finger quotation marks.

"Whatever," Jerome said. "I'm gonna make some popcorn."

Jerome left for the kitchen, leaving Rob and Preston alone on the couch.

"I think he's right, though," Rob said, after a moment of actually watching the movie. "We don't wanna mess up and end up hurting someone's feelings."

"I mean..." Preston said. "Yeah, I guess. I don't think we'll overstep our boundaries like you guys are thinking though. They just need a little push in the right direction." Preston winked and nudged Rob in the arm.

Rob laughed. "Yeah."

...

Jerome came back a few minutes later with a bowl of popcorn. "Here. I'm going to bed, g'night guys."

"G'night man," Rob said, reaching over Preston to grab the popcorn bowl from Jerome.

"G'night," Preston said through a fistful of popcorn he'd just shoved into his mouth.

The two became rather invested in the movie for a while. It had been about fifteen minutes of light-sabers, R2D2 beeping away to his heart's content, and Luke Skywalker making bad decisions before either of them said a word.

"Ow," Rob said suddenly.

"Hm?" Preston looked at him.

"I bit my lip," Rob said. Preston got a sly look.

"Hey," Preston said, "want me to kiss it better?"

Rob paused for a second, flustered. "Uh...I mean...I gue..."

He was interrupted by Preston suavely grabbing the back of his neck and pressing their lips together. Rob was so surprised, he didn't even have a chance to properly react and kiss back before Preston pulled away.

"Uh, sorry," Preston said, attempting to avoid Rob's gaze.

"No, no, don't be!" Rob said, looking positively pink. "It's not that I don't wanna kiss you, you just really surprised me is all."

"Really?" Preston said, sneaking a glance at Rob's sheepish smile. "Well, in that case, can I do it again?"

"Uh, yeah," Rob said, flustered again. Preston turned quickly and gently kissed him again, lingering longer than last time. And this time, Rob remembered to kiss back.

There were so many butterflies in his stomach, Rob was fairly sure they'd find a way to burst out.

The kiss ended far too quickly, but it had been nice, and sweet, and amazing, and wonderful, and lovely, and any other generally good adjective you could think of. The two rested their foreheads together after pulling away and intertwined their fingers.

"Robbie, I think I love you," Preston breathed.

"Same," Rob said. It seemed to be the only thing his mouth would let him say.

Preston laughed, ruining the moment. "Really?"

Rob leaned back and blushed. "My brain derped, I apologize."

"Apology accepted, pleb," Preston said. He leaned his head on Rob's shoulder and forced then both into a laying-down position, and they watched the rest of the movie like that.

HELLO! IT IS I, SLEEPY LIA :3c
i suck at writing scenes like this I'm sorry I hope it was okay lel also did anyone catch the gibberish at the bottom of the last chapter? It said "poofless becomes canon next chapter" in case you were wondering also I'm still really obsessed with Splatoon so like 50% of my free time has beeN dedicated to that WOW IM TIRED G'NIGHT GUYS