Part 4: Block Party

Later that morning, Vikk was sitting on the couch with a laptop, browsing through social media. And unknown to him, Lachlan was leaning on the couch behind him, reading text posts and memes over his shoulder. Lachlan very much would have liked to stay unknown. But one hilarious post about frogs and an unintentional laugh later, he'd been found out.

"How long have you been here?" Vikk smiled, turning his head to look at Lachlan.

Lachlan shrugged, still leaning against the couch with his chin in his hands. "I dunno. A while."

"Do...do you wanna sit down?" Vikk asked.

"Sure," Lachlan said before vaulting over the back of the couch and landing cross-legged, somehow. Vikk looked a little surprised.

"Sooooo," Vikk said awkwardly. 

"Sooooo," Lachan replied, fidgeting around. 

"Want to do something, or something?" Vikk asked, taking his computer off his lap and setting it on the coffee table.

"Suuure," Lachlan said. "Mario Kart?"

"Nah," Vikk dismissed. "Mitch got maple syrup on some of the controllers so it's kind of a gamble to play now."

"Oh yeah, I forgot about that," Lachlan nodded, leaning back and putting his feet on the table. "What about...Minecraft?"

"Minecraft?"

"Minecraft."

They stared at each other for an uncomfortably long moment.

"Sure, why not?" Vikk shrugged, breaking the tension and the stare. 

"Cool, I'll get my laptop!" Lachlan exclaimed, jumping off the couch and hoping Vikk hadn't noticed him blush.

...

"You two having a block party?" Mitch asked, upon observing the duo sat on the couch playing Minecraft together. 

"I guess," Vikk laughed, concentrating closely on his computer screen. He was playing a rather high-stakes game of micro battles, where him and Lachlan were on separate teams. Vikk was the only one left on his team, and Lachlan had one other person left on his.

"Hehe, block party, I get it," Lachlan laughed, aiming his bow at Vikk from atop a pillar of dirt blocks. He landed the shot, but it had been his last arrow.

"Could I join you after this round?" Mitch asked, leaning on the back of the couch in a similar way to how Lachlan had earlier. 

"Yeah, sure," Vikk said, preoccupied with his own dirt block pillar. He was trying to reach Lachlan, as he had picked the class without a bow, and knock him into the lava below, but Lachlan kept making his pillar taller. "How many blocks do you have?"

Just as Vikk asked this question, Lachlan ran out of blocks to pillar up with. "Uh, that many." Lachlan looked down at his pillar in-game.

Vikk laughed and stole some blocks from the middle of Lachlan's pillar to use for himself. However, he'd forgotten about the third member of the game, who was still on the ground. And in his negligence, he was shot off his pillar and fell to his death.

"AUGH!" Vikk yelled, about ready to throw his computer across the room. Lachlan looked at him and laughed sheepishly.

"GG...?" Mitch said.

"Yeah, GG Vikky," Lachlan said, ruffling up Vikk's hair. Vikk had faceplanted on his keyboard.

"Shut up," Vikk said, muffled by plastic letters.

"So, Mitch, we're on Mineplex and we were going to play super paintball next," Lachlan said, ignoring Vikk and his cuteness. Mitch, with his laptop on hand, went to sit in a chair off to the side. 

"Nice," Mitch said. "Also, is Vikk okay over there?"

Vikk was still faceplanting the keyboard. It didn't look like the most comfortable position. 

"Oi, earth to Vikk!" Lachlan said, grabbing his shoulder and shaking him gently. Vikk grew visibly tense, but lifted his face up from his keyboard.

"Yeah, I'm fine," he laughed nervously. "Let's play some games."

HELLO IT IS I, LIA! Once again running low on sleep.

This chapter was a little short, I think, sorry! Also I was planning to write it sooner but I kinda sorta maybe accidentally got REALLY ADDICTED to Splatoon. So I've been playing that like non-stop. Anyway, next chapter is basically gonna be this from Vikk's point of view so it shouldn't be hard for me to write! Expect it soon. Feel free to yell at me if it takes more then two days.

Ciao!