Part 9: Take a Hint

Me: *says I'm going to update quickly*

Me: *doesn't update for a week and a half*

Whoops.

Sorry ;-;

(Also the next chapter after this is the last one but you didn't hear that from me shhhhh...)

"For the last time Lachlan, he doesn't hate you. Or dislike you in any form."

"But what if he does?" Lachlan said, muffled by the couch cushion he had chosen to faceplant into.

"There's only one way to find out," Rob sighed.

"Nooooo," Lachlan whined.

"Talk to him!" Rob said obviously.

"Nooooo I'll do something stupid and screw it up," Lachlan replied.

"You are stupid," Rob said, grabbing Lachlan's arm and forcefully pulling him off the couch. "Now go get 'em tiger."

"Uuuuuuuggghhh," Lachlan groaned, after Rob had shoved him in the general direction of the hallway leading to Vikk's room. He dragged his feet on the floor and trudged up to the door, and knocked three times.

"Yeah?" Vikk asked from the opposite side of the door.

"Could I, like, talk to you?" Lachlan asked nervously, leaning slightly against the door.

"Yeah, c'mon in."

Lachlan slowly opened the door, and peaked his head in. Vikk was sitting on his bed with his laptop.

"Uh, hey," Lachlan said softly.

"Sup?" Vikk asked, casting a fleeting glance at Lachlan. Lachlan slipped into the room, and quickly sat next to Vikk on the bed, trying not to make eye contact in fear of making it awkward.

"So..." Lachlan began, "...he told you, huh?"

"Mmm..." Vikk mumbled, clearly paying more attention to his computer than Lachlan. "Sorry, who told me what?"

Lachlan sighed, his heart beating fast. He didn't actually wanna say it out loud, jeez. "R-Rob told you. That...that I have a crush on you."

"Oh yeah, that," Vikk said casually.

"We're still cool, right?" Lachlan asked. "Like, you wouldn't think it was weird if we stayed friends?"

"Man, no, of course we're still friends," Vikk said. "I'm not gonna ditch you 'cuz you like me, that's stupid. Plus, what makes you think I don't like you back?"

"I'm sorry...what?" Lachlan said.

"I said, plus, what makes you think I don't like you back?" Vikk smirked. Lachlan went red, and suddenly found his kneecaps to be very interesting looking. Vikk laughed at him. "You're not very good at this whole romance thing, are you?"

"Heh, how could you tell?" Lachlan shook his head. "Do you mean it, though?"

"Take a guess," Vikk answered slyly, typing something with one hand and smoothly putting his other hand close to Lachlan's on the bed.

"I'd rather not, I think," Lachlan said. This phrase was followed by several uncomfortable moments of silence, during which Vikk had noticeably switched to using his touchpad mouse.

At first, Lachlan thought he'd imagined it. But no, it had definitely happened: Vikk's hand had bumped into his. And he didn't know if it was on purpose or not, but Lachlan, being the clueless idiot he was, assumed it was an accident and thought of nothing of it. But then it happened again.

And then it happened one more time before Vikk got frustrated. "Jeez, take a hint you nerd," he said, forcefully taking Lachlan's hand in his own. Lachlan froze.

"Uh...is that a yes?" Lachlan guessed, continuing with the previous statements.

"Yes!" Vikk exclaimed, exasperated, throwing up both of his hands and letting go of Lachlan's. "You are so fucking clueless sometimes, it's adorable."

"Hey!" Lachlan said, sounding fake offended. "You let go of my hand."

Vikk rolled his eyes, taking his computer off his lap and scooting closer to Lachlan. He grabbed the blond's hand, and held it up. "That better?"

"Mmm," Lachlan smiled. "Yeah."

The two sat quietly, though not awkwardly, for a few moments. Lachlan soaked in the sensation of Vikk's hand in his; the warmth and how adorably small it was...

"Now what do we do?" Vikk interrupted Lachlan's thoughts.

"Uh, I guess we could..." Lachlan began, only to be cut off quickly by someone outside the door.

"NOW KISS!" The person, who was Preston, exclaimed, muffled by the bedroom door. Lachlan facepalmed with his free hand. "And then get married. And then adopt lots of smol, adorable children. You should name them after me: Preston Jr. I, Preston Jr. II, Preston Jr. III..."

"Jesus Christ Preston!" Vikk exclaimed.

"I'm here too!" Rob said. Vikk shook his head and got up to open the door. Rob was sitting cross-legged on the floor, and Preston was kneeling so close to the door he nearly fell over when Vikk opened it.

"How...how long have you two been there?" Lachlan asked, walking behind Vikk.

"Uh, since you shut the door," Rob said. Vikk and Lachlan sighed in unison.

"Soooooo..." Preston said mischievously, "...you guys are like, a thing now, right? You're boyfriieeends now?"

"...we hadn't discussed that yet," Vikk answered.

"Aww," Lachlan put his head on Vikk's shoulder. "C'mon, Vikky."

Vikk giggled. "Lachlan, are you trying to tell me something?"

"Yeeees Vikky."

"Okay, nevermind, the answer is yes, we're a 'thing' now."