The Duel

Tahv City,

Vestara and Gavar arrived at the Sith Temple to confront Sheern and end the conflict. As they arrived, they looked up to the sky's and saw Sith Fighters engaging the Hutt fighters as Kesh was drawn into a war. The duo could only hope that the death of Sheern would bring the new war closer to an end. As they pressed onward, they spotted Sheern standing near the entrance of the temple and turned to face the Sith as he sensed their presence.

"So," Sheern said. "You have come to face me again. You Sith are very persistent, but overconfident no wonder the Sith fell."

"I think the one who is overconfident is you," Vestara countered. "Your Jedi Order fell and you are surrounded by Sith and the Hutt Cartel wants you dead. So you will die either way!"

"Not to mention for what you did to my daughter," Gavar said as he turned to Vestara. "You will answer for your crimes."

"Then I think it is time to make our last stand," Sheern said as he ignited his blue lightsaber.

Vestara and Gavar then ignited their blood red lightsabers and prepared for a final duel. Vestara and Gavar charged at Sheern with the latter blocking their attacks and then began to take the offensive thus engaging Gavar after kicking Vestara away from him.

Vestara then stood back up and engaged Sheern but he blocked her attacks and continues to focus on Gavar. Sheern then gained the upper hand and disarmed Gavar and was about to launch the killing blow. Enraged, Vestara then used all of her power and launched several aggressive strikes on the Jedi Knight. Sheern struggled to defend himself against Vestara's aggressive attacks and the latter then disarmed him by destroying his hilt and held her lightsaber near his neck.

"It's over," Vestara snarled. "You cannot escape us!"

Sheern laughed, "You think this is the end? Foolish girl, the Jedi will survive and the Sith will meet their demise just as they did long ago."

"You lie," Vestara said. "I know the Jedi experienced a second purge. Now tell me who led the assault."

"It was the nephew of Luke Skywalker," Sheern said. "Unfortunately you won't live to see who led the attack. You can kill me but the Hutt Cartel will kill you as well."

Vestara then had enough for what Sheern did to her family and her friends across Kesh and impaled Sheern in the chest thus killing him in the process. As Vestara deactivated her lightsaber, she then scurried to an unconscious Gavar and shook him to try to wake him up. As Gavar regained consciousness, he noticed Sheern's corpse and Gavar then smiled at Vestara proving that Ship was right about Vestara's potential.

"I knew you were our best hope," Gavar said. "Grand Lord Vol, Ship, and I have always had faith in you."

"Thank you father," Vestara said. "We can celebrate once we push back the Cartel, however this invasion is not over. We must continue to hold our ground until we can find a way to defeat them."

"I'm with you," Gavar said. "Go, Lady Vestara Khai. Lead us to victory."