[005] all grown up

[005] all grown up

                              "Don't take forever. I want to be fashionably late but not too late, of course," Courtney replies, turning to look over at Suki with a smile.

                              "Don't worry. I already have my bags packed. I just need to pick them up and then go from there. I should be no more than five minutes," Suki assured.

                              If Suki was lucky and her dad was drunk, then she'd be able to slip in and out without being noticed. Although she was still a little nervous about going on a plane, Suki tried to swallow down her feelings of dread. Suki tried to chalk it up to her nerves. But it felt like much more than that. It felt like if Suki stepped onto that plane, something bad would happen. Since she had never been on a plane before, it was likely that she was just scared from watching one too many movies. 

                             Nothing bad was going to be happening to her or her team. They were going to Nationals and they were going to be coming back home, making their entire town proud.

                              "Do you want me to go in there with you?" Courtney asks.

                              Suki shakes her head. "No, I'll be fine. Just stay here."

                              Suki then climbs out of the car, making her way towards her house. It wasn't anything impressive. In fact, the front of it looked like a mess. Her mom had started a garden a year before she died, back when her mind was still perfectly intact. Maybe it had never truly been intact but she had done a better job at hiding it then. After she died, of course, the little garden had completely went to ruin. The flowers were all dying but neither Suki or her dad knew what to do with them. So it was simply left there, Suki stomping on them as she made her way to the front door.