day 12 - pt. 1

D̶e̶a̶r̶ ̶H̶y̶u̶n̶j̶i̶n̶,̶ 

Hyunjin walked out from the practice room, rubbing his fingers through his sweaty hair. He sighed, taking a sip of his water. He passed a few of the other idols, greeting them, as he walked to the front desk of the JYP building.

"Hey," he smiled at the girl in the front. She bowed in front of him, smiling. "Do you have my letter?" He wondered, leaning over the counter as he always did while she tried to search for it.

"Actually," the younger girl spoke up, making him look at her. "Nothing came since yesterday, Mr Hwang." His eyes widened and he quickly straightened his back. "What?" He asked confusedly. "What do you mean?"

The girl rubbed the back of her neck, trying not to look him into the eyes. "There's nothing here for you. I was surprised too, so I asked around and apparently there was nothing in the mail."

Hyunjin thought for a second before he just waved the girl in the front goodbye, walking back to the practice room. All of the other members went to get some snacks so he had time for himself.

He opened the door of the practice room, looking at himself in the wall mirror. He sighed, slowly walking to his bag. He took out a simple box from his old shoes, placing it on the ground as he sat down. He took down the cover, looking at the letters inside the box.

It's been a month since he got his first letter from her, and he had kept every single one of them. At first, it was just a paragraph or two, but then they got longer. Day twenty five was the first time he received a letter with more than just a few sentences, and it made him really happy. He was glad she finally wanted to write more to him even though she didn't know if he read the letters or not.

The truth was, he read every single one of them, and he was always looking forward to the next day and the next letter.

He opened up the first ever letter he got, rereading it. 

Dear Hyunjin,

Hi!!!

Oh my god, is this a crazy idea? I think it might be.

I am Izzy, nice to meet you! I am like your biggest fan haha. You always make my day with your content. I enjoy listening to your music, watching skz vlogs and everything, so I thought I could make your day like this too, maybe.

I love you, you're doing great <33

Sincerely, Izzy <3333

He chuckled, seeing all the hearts. She was so cute, and he didn't even meet her yet. But just from her writing, he knew she was amazing and sweet.

He then took out one of the last letters.

My coworker said she is a regular that usually comes in the morning. Guess I was lucky she came in the afternoon today. Isn't it interesting that her order was my favorite one? Caramel macchiato. Maybe we could go on a coffee date together in the future.

"Caramel macchiato," he whispered, reaching for his phone. It only took him a few clicks before he ordered the coffee from his favorite café, having it delivered to the address on all the letters he had received. Her address. He quickly stood up, going to get himself a paper and a pen.