day 23 - pt. 1

Izzy laughed loudly, making the boy next to her shake his head. "You're crazy," he sighed, taking a sip of his coffee. "You are crazy! You said that to her?" She asked, trying to calm down her laugh. "Well what was I supposed to say," he shrugged. "I don't know, but you can't reject girls by saying we are dating, Ry!"

"Fine, fine, I'll figure out a different lie, or maybe Amy lets me use her as my fake girlfriend," Ryan started thinking out loud, making Izzy chuckle. She took a sip of her caramel macchiato, glancing at the front door of the café as someone just walked in. Her eyes widened, seeing the familiar faces. She turned around as fast as she could, hoping they might not recognize her if she wasn't facing them.

Ryan raised an eyebrow at her, questioning what she was doing. "Are you okay?" He asked confusedly, and she shushed him down immediately. "Shh! Act like I am not here," she commanded, glancing at the door again to see if they were still there. It made Ryan look there too, seeing a few boys in the door looking around the café as if they were trying to find someone.

"You were right," the puppy-like boy mumbled, making the taller boy glance at him. "She is here," he said, his eyes pointing at the brunette, who was trying her best to hide. "And I assume that's the boy Ryan."

The shorter girl behind them nodded, taking a step forward so Ryan could see her. "Izzy is gonna be pissed I told you," Hana mumbled, sighing. Seungmin patted her back, as if he was trying to assure her it will be alright. Hyunjin exchanged a look with Chris, who was there too, but ignored Seungmin's actions and started walking towards the table instead.

Hyunjin slammed his hand in the middle of the table, making Seungmin behind him scoff. "You're still hiding even after I already found you?" He asked, completely ignoring the boy at the table and looking at the brunette. She closed her eyes, yelling at herself in her head as she slowly turned around to face him.

"That's Hyunjin, I suppose?" Ryan whispered towards Hana as she sat down next to him, Chris just standing on the side, watching his younger friends. "Yeah," Hana mumbled. "I don't think we should be here." Ryan glanced at Izzy to see where her mind was before he nodded to Hana. The two of them stood up, taking Seungmin and Chris with them to a different table, leaving the two lovers there alone.

"Hey," Izzy muttered, rubbing the back of her neck awkwardly. Hyunjin sat down in Ryan's place, just watching the brunette next to him. "Uhm...I am sorry. I read your letters, and messages I just..." she admitted, looking down at the table . She really couldn't handle looking into his eyes right now. "You know, you were there."

"Yeah I know," he nodded slightly. "But I am still not running away and ignoring you, am I?" 

He sighed when he saw her face. She looked sad, and he could see his words weren't helping much. "I am sorry, too," he said carefully, glancing at his friends and Ryan at the other table before his hand reached for Izzy's. "I should have said something immediately and not just stand by and watch."

"Mhm," she mumbled, hesitating when his hand reached out to hers. She carefully held his hand, looking up at him again. "It wasn't nice hearing those things from your manager," she proclaimed, making him nod. "But that's not your fault, but mine."

"No, it's not your fault," he interrupted her immediately. "It's completely his fault. He doesn't know anything about what I feel towards you," he proclaimed and Izzy squeezed his hand more. "I don't care what others think, my dating ban is over and I can do whatever I want. And I want to continue dating you, publicly, so please, don't run away again."

Izzy's eyes widened, she had no idea what to do, or say, in that moment. This was a dream. She realized that a month ago already when he asked her out for the first time, and she lived it like a dream until reality hit her and she had to listen to a twenty minute long speech from the stray kids' manager about how she can't be with him because she isn't famous. Something in her was telling her he was right, she had no rights to date someone so perfect, but her other half knew this was exactly what she deserved - someone as perfect as him.

"Please, darling," he smiled warmly at her. Izzy bit her bottom lip, looking at their hands. He was still holding her hand, making sure she couldn't run away. 

"Let's go somewhere else and talk about this properly, yeah?" She finally spoke up, looking up again.