II| Was

[Emilia Soranzo]

They won't tell me where we are, but judging by the landscape we are somewhere in Switzerland, and it's tapestried in snow. I can see some lights in the distance, but they must be five kilometers away, at least. I have no intentions of escaping, I'm smarter than that.

"I need to call my fiancé," I approached Ghost as I spotted a satellite phone amongst his gear. "He needs to know I'm alive–" as my hand reached for it, Ghost caught my wrist and squeezed it quite harshly, looking into my eyes.

"Weren't you ever taught to not play with toys that don't belong to you?"

A bitter chuckle escaped my lips "Did I leave a bruise on your ribs? Or perhaps it's the shin."

"He's quite possessive with his belongings," Soap announced as he approached us with to cups in his hands. "I made you some tea," he handed me one.

"I don't want things laced with drugs," I replied, looking at Ghost, our gazes competing for dominance. "What I want, if it's possible, would be to have my wrist back and a phone."

Ghost seemed satisfied with my frustration "Your heart is racing," he commented.

I took a step closer, looking up at his eyes. The skin around them was covered in black paint "You drugged me and brought me to another country whilst I was unconscious, why do you think that is you absolute twat? Are you daft?" I used all my strength in my other hand to push him, but he barely moved. "Let go of my hand!" I demanded.

Ghost paid no mind to my fit and caught my other wrist as I squirmed, pulling closer to him. By the way the skin around his eyes wrinkled, he seemed to be smiling "Then don't touch what's not yours. Or would you like me to take one of those lace thongs you own?"

A laugh escaped my lips "You went through my drawers, perv?"

"Ghost, let go off Emilia," John told.

Ghost chuckled, seemed to be mocking me "I don't need to go through your drawers to see how you like to be perceived."

My eyebrow arched "What is that supposed to mean?"

His eyes scanned me from my head to my feet and up once again "I'll leave that for your pretty little head to resolve," he poked my forehead, pushing my head back.

A groan left my mouth, but before I could do anything, Soap caged me from behind "YOU FUCKING CUNT! ONCE MY FATHER KNOWS OF—"

"Boring brat," he uttered non-chalantly as he kept on polishing his knives.

"LET GO OFF ME!" I screamed, and finally got the man to drop me. I leapt to Ghost and tackled him down to the floor "Don't you ever—" I stopped talking when I felt a blade against my throat. "How gentlemanly of you—"

He rolled us over so he was above me, still pressing the cold knife against my yugular "I highly doubt you like gentlemen. From that hidden little drawer in your closet I can tell you're anything but a lady—"

"Ghost!" John scolded in a stern tone.

Tears of rage filled my eyes as I tried my best not to react to his words; he clearly relishes on bothering me. He stuck the knife beside me my head and got off me.

Soap frowned as he offered me a hand, which I took "I'll bring your suitcase inside — you should shower, maybe that'll help, sweetheart."

I could only watch Ghost as he walked outside, not bothered by the cold in his black turtleneck "Just please tell me he didn't touch my underwear."

Soap chuckled softly "I promise he didn't."

I wiped my tears away with the back of my hand "Good," I leaned down to pull out the knife from the floorboards. "He looks filthy."