V| Bananas and peaches and grapefruit

[Emilia Soranzo]

A groan escaped my lips as I shifted on my place, keeping my eyes closed. My left arm tried to slither under my pillow, but it felt weird; I opened my eyes to find myself asleep on Ghost's lap.

I looked up at him and I could see his eyes were closed. Judging by the natural light that made it through the curtains, it was still the middle of the night.

"Ghost?" Just as my hand touched his chest, his hand went for my wrist, though he didn't hurt me, he just gently squeezed it. "Aren't you uncomfortable?"

Ghost groaned as he shook his head "Go back to sleep, Emi," he said in a raspier voice than usual.

"I'm cold," I said, as my legs balled up close to my chest.

Ghost opened his eyes and reached to his right, from where he got a blanket — I assume there was a basket with some beside the sofa.

"Here," he covered me with it and gently started playing with the hair above my uncovered ear "go back to sleep."

"Are you sure you're not uncomfortable?" I asked once again, just to make sure.

"Cross my heart," he used my hand he had in his to draw an X on his chest.

I hummed "Okay."

Ghost groaned once again as he rested one of my hands just above his heart, and I could feel the calm thump against my palm. With his other hand he continued to gently caress my hair, and it felt amazing; it quickly led to another deep slumber.

The next time I woke up, I was in bed. The blue light of the morning barely made it through the curtains. Outside I heard some thumps and groans — they must be training.

I sat up slowly, rubbing my eyes "You cheat!" Soap complained "You always cheat, Lt!"

I jumped out of bed and made my way outside to the common area. Seems as if Ghost and Soap were sparing.

Ghost glanced over his shoulder "I don't cheat, I just win and you lose."

Soap smiled at me "Morning, did you sleep well?"

I nodded "Yeah, going for a walk helped me," my eyes followed Ghost as he made his way to the kitchen. "How did you guys sleep?"

John and Soap both replied: "Fine," at the same time.

"You?" Soap asked with a grin.

"Great too," I glanced at Ghost as he was pulling things out of the fridge. "What are we having to breakfast?" I went back to looking at Soap and Price.

"Full English breakfast," Ghost replied.

"Perfect, can I help with anything?" I asked, approaching the kitchen.

The tall Mancunian shook his head "I would rather you didn't."

"Why? You think the brat can't cook?" I asked with a giggle.

Ghost shook his head "I just don't want you to get in my way."

My eyebrow arched "Someone woke up an arsehole."

"That's just my Northern charm," he replied, didn't see fit to look at me even.

"One more reason to not like Northerners," I replied, watching as he poured olive oil into a skillet.

Ghost scoffed "Posh wanker."

I rolled my eyes "Are you bitter because you've never been able to get posh cunt?"

He looked at me, seemed surprised by my language "You have a pouty mouth."

"One that will never do anything for you," I walked away with a smirk.