VII| Severed

[Emilia Soranzo]

"You look awful," Ghost commented as I joined them in the kitchen for breakfast. "Looks like you actually work hard on looking that bad."

I simply poured myself a glass of mandarin juice "I've just been following the same routine as you do, fuckface."

Ghost hummed as he sat down to my right, with his cup of espresso — he's mental, he drinks around eight a day.

"So you think I potentially have a fuckable face? I mean, it's true—"

"I can confirm or refute that, if you let me lift this little number you wear every day," I replied before taking a sip of the juice. "Do you wear it during sex?"

John sighed "Do you bicker even when we are not around?"

"I think it's sexual tension," Soap commented. "Maybe we should leave them to take care of it; I have condoms in my room if you—"

Ghost chuckled "If I wanted my way with this brat, it would've happened the first night, and the second and so on and so forth. Alas, she's just a boring little spoiled girl."

His comment doesn't bother me, he has no power over my self esteem and whatever opinion he decides to utter is more than unimportant to me.

"I don't like cryptic bothersome cunts, so," I sighed "I guess we won't be doing each other any little nasty favours, will we?"

Soap chuckled "How are your cuts, Millie?"

"Fine," I nodded and watched as Ghost got up. "A couple on the feet still bother me a bit, but they're mostly healed."

Ghost placed a plate in front of me with a slice of tortilla española "Oh thank you, did you lace it with arsenic?" I showed him a sarcastic grin.

"Not my choice of poison," he simply shook his head. "Eat, we are going into town again."

My eyebrow raised "Why? Are you throwing me off the top of a mountain?"

"No," Ghost said as he squirted ketchup on my food "do you ever just stop asking questions?"

"Why would I?" I smiled, using my fork to cut the tip of the slice and eat it. "Don't you like telling me how stupid I am every time I ask a question?" I said, covering my mouth with my free hand as I chewed.

"I do, but sometimes you talk back so much it gives me a headache."

"Good," I grinned "I'll keep doing it then."

John and Soap laughed.

After finishing my breakfast, I went back to my bedroom — I've been here for far too long that it is my bedroom — and took a quick shower. Then came out of the bathroom to change.

"Fuck!" I groaned at the sight of Ghost on my bed. He hadn't done this in a couple of days, and one quickly gets used to good things.

Ghost hummed "You're so obnoxiously loud."

"You're a bloody pervert," I tried to steady myself as I looked in the drawers for the clothes I intend to wear. "If you hate me—"

"I've never said I hate you," he stated, playing with a butterfly knife that Soap gave me. "I've said you irritate me."

He's not lying, but I can't give him the win, so I'll just move on.

"Are you going to stay here whilst I change again?" I raised an eyebrow, still looking at him.

Ghost raised his eyes from the knife to me "It is the best show in town."

My eyes rolled to the back of my skull before I turned around to strip myself off the bathrobe. I wasn't expecting him to be here, so I didn't bring underwear to the bathroom.