Episode 01: "One-Way Ticket"

At the Pier in Busan;
One afternoon in the vibrant streets of Busan, a bustling pier comes alive with the sights and sounds of the city. The air is filled with the salty tang of the sea and the mouth-watering aroma of Korean street food. Stalls selling tteokbokki, spicy rice cakes, and hotteok, sweet pancakes, line the streets, adding to the lively atmosphere.

Amidst this bustling scene, a man stands out from the crowd. He's name is Lee Yeol, a charismatic and handsome musician in his early thirties. Casually dressed in a white shirt, layered with plaid long-sleeves and denim jeans, with a guitar case slung over his shoulder, he savours a serving of tteokbokki from a nearby street vendor, seemingly at peace with the world.

Suddenly, his tranquillity is shattered. A group of menacing men dressed in black leather jacket were scanning the crowd. Their cold, calculating eyes meet his, and recognition sparks. One of them points towards him, shouting, "There he is! Don't let him get away!".

The crowd stirs, but Lee Yeol remains calm. With a resigned sigh, he murmurs to himself, "오늘은 안돼 제발 oneul-eun andwae~ Not today, guys,.. Not today~". Leaving his half-eaten tteokbokki on the street vendor's counter, he starts to move, his casual saunter quickly turning into a sprint.

As he weaves through the crowd, his heart pounds in his chest. In his haste, he accidentally bumps into a hotteok vendor, causing a few sweet pancakes to tumble from the cart to ground. "여기요! yeogiyo!~ Hey, watch it!" the vendor exclaims. Glancing back only for a moment, Lee Yeol apologizes, "Mian-hamnida~ (bowing as he continuously running) Sorry, no time to chat!" 

He doesn't stop, his eyes focused on the luxurious foreign cruise ship docked at the far end of the pier. "That's my ticket out of here,.." he thinks to himself, seeing the ship as his only ticket to save himself. Approaching the ticket booth, he's panting heavily from the chase.

The ticket seller, a middle-aged woman with a kind face, looks surprised at his dishevelled state. " gwaenchanh-a?? You alright, young man?" she asks, concern evident in her voice. "de~ (yes~),.. One ticket to freedom, please," Lee Yeol replies with a charming grin, handing over the money for the ticket.

With the ticket in hand, he boards the foreign cruise ship that sails from Korea to Europe, leaving the men behind at the pier. As the ship sails away, he takes a moment to catch his breath and appreciate the new chapter of his life that lies ahead. The cruise ship is not just a means of escape, but a new page for this new chapter of his life. As he gazes out at the receding shoreline, he looks forward to the journey, ready to embrace whatever the future holds for him.

At the Cruise Ship heading Europe;
Once on board the foreign cruise ship, and as he takes a moment to catch his breath. He's struck by the grandeur of the ship - the grand staircase, crystal chandeliers, and a dining room that opens to the sea. It's like stepping into another world, a floating palace of luxury and excitement.

As he explores, he comes across the alfresco dining area. It's beautifully lit with fairy lights, and the sight of the sea stretching out to the horizon as the afternoon sun set from a fars is breath-taking. "Never imagined anything amazing like this,.." he murmurs to himself, captivated by the view.

That evening, the dining area is buzzing with passenger-guests enjoying their dinner under the stars. The host of the evening, a jovial man with a booming voice, takes the stage. "Ladies and gentlemen, we have an open mic tonight, anyone willing to conquer the stage and share their talent is very much welcome!"