Episode 04: "The Star That Guides Me"

Their first encounter is brief, a fleeting moment in time. He steadies her, his hand firm on her arm. She looks up at him, her eyes wide with surprise. But before either of them can say anything, a voice cuts through the quiet of the night.

"Yeol, it's our turn,.. come on now.." calls out Minkyu, the percussionist, standing from the door leading inside. Yeol gives her a final glance, an unspoken promise in his eyes, before he leaves.

Left alone on the deck, Mi Cha watches as he disappears inside. She's still reeling from their encounter, her heart pounding in her chest. She turns her gaze back to the sky, the stars twinkling brightly above.

She's always found solace in the stars, their quiet presence a comfort during her darkest moments. She talks to them, her words a soft whisper carried by the wind.

As she continues to watch the stars, a name echoes in her mind - Yeol. It sounds like 'Byul', it means star in Korean. A soft chuckle escapes her lips as she makes the connection. "Yeol-ssi, truly like a star, isn't he?" she whispers to herself, her gaze fixed on the twinkling lights above. "He shines bright, just like a star. Maybe he's one of you who came down on earth, right?" as she continues her conversation with the stars.

Suddenly, the soft melody of a song drifts from the dining hall, Yeol's voice carrying through the night. She closes her eyes, letting the music wash over her. It's a beautiful moment, a moment of connection. She can't help but feel a sense of anticipation, a sense of hope.

At Mi Cha's Cabin;
After spending some more time on the deck, she decides to head back to her cabin. Inside, she finds her tarot cards laid out on the table. She shuffles them, her fingers tracing over the intricate designs. She draws one, and it's The Star.

She holds the card, studying the image. The Star, a symbol of hope, of inspiration, of serenity. It's a fitting card for her current situation, a reflection of her feelings. She can't help but smile, a sense of peace washing over her. The voices in her head are quiet, the world around her is calm. And for the first time in a long time, she allows herself to dream, to hope for a love that's just beginning to bloom.

As the mid-night approaches, Mi Cha don't seem to put herself to sleep, she kept on having those dreams again, those nightmares. She got up and just decided to explore the ship, she walks along the deck's railing, and starts talking to herself "...It's Okay,..Mi Cha....It's Okay,... You'll be fine..." as she tap her shoulder and arms, as if calming herself.

At the Ship's lower deck;
At the lower deck of the ship is a world unto itself, a stark contrast to the elegance and sophistication of the upper levels. It's where the economy class passengers gather, their laughter and music creating a lively, infectious atmosphere. The air is filled with the scent of beer and fried food, the lights are dim, and the sound of an acoustic guitar strumming a catchy tune fills the air.

Yoo Mi Cha, lost in the maze of the ship, finds herself descending to this lower deck. As she steps into the space, she's immediately enveloped by the warmth and energy of the place. It's casual, unpretentious, a stark contrast to the upper deck, and it feels like home.

She blends into the crowd effortlessly, her casual attire matching theirs. She spots a group of people dancing in the center, their movements full of joy and abandon. Drawn by the infectious energy, she joins in, her body swaying to the rhythm of the music.

As she dances, a woman spots the tarot cards in her see-through net bag. "Are you a tarot reader?" she asks, her eyes wide with curiosity. Mi Cha nods, a small smile on her lips. "Yes, I am," she replies.