1. bedford

I stumbled putting my luggage inside knowing I filled it way too much, mom was right. But leaving even a piece of cloth here seemed like leaving a piece of myself.

Here in Carrington, we've been living for years. This is my birthplace, and the place I loved from the bottom of my heart. We have to leave this place because my dad passed away two years ago, which left us in a lot of debt. We had to sell our house, my mom had to do a lot of part time jobs that once she fainted out of fatigue. I was afraid that I might not be able to fulfill my mom's dream. I want to be a doctor. So we decided to move to Bedford. I know it's going to be difficult, but not as much as it was for me these past years.

"Y/n! Move already!" Mom said holding so many bags in her hands as I quickly moved aside. The engine started with a hootle, we quickly got seated as the train started to move.

Leaving Carrington is one the most difficult decision that I had taken, after paying all the debt we basically had no money to even rent an apartment. So we reached out to the only person my mom trusted. Aunt Sofia, I met her when I was just five In an event my dad and mom took me to, I have this faint memory of her when she held me in her arms and offered me strawberry ice cream which became my favourite since then.

"Y/n, I know it's going to be a bit tough there, but I promise I'll make it better sweety. I promise yo-

"Mom. I've grown up, now I'm the one you should rely on for these things. I promise you, that I'll make you Proud. Everything will be fine, trust me." I knew she needed it, more like we needed it. After having the small talk about leaving Carrington, we didn't talk about anything. I just know that I won't let her go through all that alone anymore.

Even though I'm clueless how I'm going to make it better, but one thing I know is that I'm going to try my hardest. Even if I have to work and study together, I'll do it for her.

"Can I ask you something?" Mom spoke breaking the silence.

"Yes." She looked serious and really Stern about whatever she was about to speak. "We still owe to Sofia, so please try to not do anything that will cause any problem. Okay sweety?" She was concerned and that was clear, I just nodded with a smile making sure I won't do anything that will embarrass her.

- 6 hours later -

I heard someone yell as I quickly snapped out of my sleep and noticed a man was screaming his lungs out at me. "What the f*ck is wrong with you, remove this sh*tty luggage, it's blocking my way!" He was really rude, and for some reason I flinched at his voice. I stepped forward quietly and started to move the bags aside, "just say your fat tummy can't make it through." I heard a masculine voice, I lifted my head up to look at the guy who just dared to speak to the scary man like him, he was wearing a white tshirt slightly revealing his muscles, and joggers while his hands inside his pockets, he looked cool, I can't lie.

But the way he was looking at me was a bit disturbing, I realised what he actually was staring at. I quickly stood up giving him a glare in disbelief that this attractive man is such a douchebag. "What? Aren't you going to greet me miss strawberry?" Who the hell is he to be talking like that to me. I was pushed aside by my mom suddenly which filled my dumb head with confusion. She quickly greeted him politely, which was more disturbing.

She then turned her gaze to me , and signaled me to greet. But why should I greet an unknown man, that too so respectfully when he's just the same age as me? And most importantly when he already seems like a big asshole who was checking my curves out a few seconds ago.

But she looked serious, so I gave up my pride just in front of her ofcourse. "Hey." I spoke rolling my eyes and she suddenly nudged my arm as to greet properly while this jerk stood still not moving a bit with that smug plastered over his face. "Nevermind auntie, I'll take your luggage to the car. Please wait for me." Trying to act all nice to my mom. I can't believe he's the son of auntie Sofia. I can't be dealing with him everyday.

He signaled me to bring other bags by literally kicking one to my side, is he for real? What does he think he is? The prime minister of some non existing country?

I being a coward took a hold of the bags left behind, because if I didn't my mom will ask me to. So I made my way out of the train and stepped on the platform, Following him.

My mom was behind me walking as she talked to Auntie Sofia on call. I halted along with the brat who was putting all the luggage in the trunk of the car, he glanced at me up and down, crashing half of my confidence with just that look on his face. "Are you sure that's enough?" He spoke as I nodded avoiding any eye contact realising how insecure I am about my body and myself. I already hate this here, but my only option is to Stay here.

The whole ride was just my mom praising the brat that didn't even cared enough to thank her for the fake compliments. While I was just peeking out of the window and witnessing the beautiful view. Bedford was not as bad as I thought, but a piece of me still felt missing that I left in Carrington somewhere after dad passed away, I lost the childish me. The me that I liked, the me who was happy and never insecure of her looks.

The car came to a halt as the engine was turned off, "we're here y/n, quick help him to get the luggage out." Mom whispered, and I got out of the car watching the beautiful white house. Which wasn't too big nor was it too small. It was perfect.

"you are supposed to help me little strawberry" he smirked grabbing my attention with his filthy words. "Can you stop calling me that and be a little more respectful?" I asked him with all the patience that I had in me just to witness him throw a bag over my face. "Are you serious!?" I almost yelled to which my mom came running. "Y/n, what is wrong?" She asked looking at me in disbelief.

"Mom he-

"Auntie, I just asked her to help me. I'm sorry if I seemed rude." He stated with such an innocent face that I never knew I'd witness on person who has such mascular body. I mean, does innocence and muscled body go together? No right?

"Oh my! What's wrong with you y/n? Pick the bags up and bring them in quickly" She stated sternly and walked away.

"Do you think you can get away with this so easily now?" I threatened him with a glare, "I see, so miss strawberry will hurt me?" He provoked me stepping closer and bending to my level.

"And what if I do?" I shooted back,

"Grow a bit more first, kid."