4. Regret

Sofia placed the cold and wet cloth on your forehead gently, "jungkook.." and called out while looking at you fixedly. Jungkook hummed looking at his mom now. "Can you tell me how that window broke, that too today." She spoke without averting her gaze as if she knew what he was about to say.

"I- it.. broke accidentally." He answered looking down at his hand which was holding yours.

"I see.. but what about the blanket soaked with water in the bath tub?" She interrogated finally looking at her son, her eyes reflected dissapointment and devastation.

"Mom.. mom I just-" he defeatedly sighed and remained quiet waiting for his mother to lash out on him. But she didn't do it.

He was shocked, but more upset.

He felt contrite about how he treated you, breaking the glass on purpose and then soaking the blanket so you freeze the whole night having nothing to cover yourself with.

She was so dissapointed that she didn't even scold him, which was new to him, and he didn't like the silence. He stood up wanting to go back to his room, but Sofia held onto his wrist.

"I need to tell about this to Emily right away, her fever hasn't gone down which is not a good sign. We might have to take her to hospital at this rate. So, I'm entrusting you to just stay beside her for a few hours. Until then I'll make her some porridge. Can you do that?" She asked jungkook who nodded glancing at your sleeping figure.

Sofia got up and glanced at you one last time before leaving, her eyes filled with affection and concern for you. She then made her way out of the room closing the door carefully.

-jungkook's pov-

I noticed her bloody handkerchief fell on the floor as it loosened from her wrist, I felt like a f*cking bastard for doing this to her. I quickly grabbed the first aid box which I hid under the bed. And sat beside her, the mattress got a blood stain as it came in contact with her skin.

I grabbed the tube and applied it carefully to her wound that i caused.

After dressing her fresh wound, I glanced up at her face. She looked like she cried a lot, the tears were still glistening on her cheeks. Her lips, she had this little pout on since I tucked her in the bed.

I regretted doing this to her,
Only if I would have talked about that to her first,

The reason I wanted her away was because I heard something which I didn't like when auntie and mom were talking on the call.

Flashback:

I walked tip toeing towards mom as she was talking with auntie Emily again, I wanted to surprise her since she might be thinking I'll be late today as well.

Her back was facing me as I almost tapped on her shoulder when she said my name out of the blue. That was weird because she didn't talked about me to many people, so I stopped curiously wanting to know what they were talking about.

'Emily, I'm sure they both will be ready after spending some time together here. After all they're just kids right now. And, I'll be more then happy to have y/n as my daughter-in-law." She smiled ear to ear as she spoke that sentence.

I was not expecting this from my own mom, without getting my consent she took a decision that decides my whole f*cking future? My blood boiled at the thought of the girl who was ready so easily, certainly, just after our money.

End of flashback

I sighed looking at her state, and just wanted to apologise for what I did. For the words I spoke to her and for touching her in a way no girl deserves to be touched. I'm an a*shole.

I haltingly pulled my hand towards her wet cheek to wipe her tears away, in my subconscious mind her tears were making me more upset. As if , I just wanted to do anything to not let her cry again.

I rubbed my thumb over her soft cheek as I saw her frown and open her eyes slowly, she flinched and moved away. "What the hell do you want n-now" her voice cracked as she stuttered. I could tell she was scared of me, regret filled my mind once again.

"Are you feeling any better?" I asked without thinking twice. As she just scanned my face expressions and tried to get out of the bed. I held onto her wrist and pulled her closer unwillingly, I stopped and just looked in her eyes in an attempt to make her stay.

Because I knew if she tried to walk in this state she'd fall.

"L-let go..." I saw her looking at me this time with no fear but fury. She was furious, and I realised she might not forgive me even if I asked her to.

"You need to rest." Was all I could speak out of my mouth which was out of words.

"That's not for you to decide. Let go of me Jeon jungkook." She muttered with a penetrating gaze. She didn't looked away this time,

And now I could confirm that she hated me.

My gaze softened at her innocence, she was much more delicate then mom described her to be. Unlike all the girls that I've met my whole life, I wasn't sure if she just acted to be strong but died as each second passed by or just really so strong to take all that which happened to her in the past few years, as far as I've known about her.

"Jungko-

"Y/n. Can I say something?"

-y/n's pov-

"Y/n. Can I say something?" He cut me off speaking in a more gentle tone. He was completely opposite to what I witnessed a while back. I just knew that he wasn't trying to hurt me or touch me, or maybe it was just a trick. Nevertheless, I nodded at his question not knowing what else to say.

He slowly let go of my wrist and looked in my eyes in a way I didn't know he could.

"You look ugly when you're sick." He smiled softly as if he stated something nice on my face. "You aren't either one of those singers who look handsome when they fart!" The words slipped out of my mouth, as I averted his gaze noticing his big eyes wide opened at my statement.

He was amused as well as surprised that I could say something as embarrassing as ever to a guy so easily, The blood rushed to my cheeks as I tried to get out of this embarrassing situation quickly pulling the blanket up on my face laying down.

He chuckled lightly at my action, I heard him get up from the bed as the weight on the mattress decreased.

"Sleep tight little strawberry."