5. Forgive me

Squinting my eyes to the beam of light that entered the room through the little gaps between the curtains. I sighed as I shuffled through the mattress and pulled my hand to the bedside table to pick my phone. Holy shit!

It's already 1:35 pm? How long has I been sleeping! And nobody came to wake me up?

I quickly got up and ran to the bathroom to change into something comfortable, I noticed my wrist was now bandaged properly. Did he do that?

The water droplets collided with my skin as I washed my hairs, after washing up I quickly hovered a hoodie and put a pair of joggers on.

I walked out of the bathroom noticing a sticky note on the lamp, I removed it and it said , 'honey, me and your mom are going for shopping. I'll get up something delicious. Make sure to have your meds. See you~'

I walked across the room noticing my clothes were all set in the closet, and the window was now covered with some cloth that I assumed was stuck to prevent cold Breeze from entering the room.

My stomach growled as I walked leisurely, I thought of going downstairs to grab a snack quickly. I walked across the corridor and wondered where that bastard must be. I reached the living room noticing the complete silence, so that means I'm alone?

I felt my lips curve as a smile appeared on face, since I was a child I loved being alone at home with dad, we used to sing and dance and just make everything into a mess together. Those were some good days, and still I haven't gotten rid of that habit. I hummed happily and flew my arms in the air and moved my body with the rhythm.

It felt crazy after all this time of being depressed, i loved the feeling of having to be free and just make a mess without thinking about it. Running my fingers through the smooth surface of the table, I turned around on my toes and kept dancing with my arms in the air.

I quickly opened the fridge door and pushed inside but there was literally nothing that I didn't need to use the stove for. So I opened the cupboards attached to the kitchen walls.

I pulled my hand up to reach it, but it was too high for me, I stood on my toes and opened it, noticing a packet of potato chips inside. I brought my hand inside to pull it out but in the attempt I hit a container which looked heavy, I closed my eyes waiting for it to collide with my head and fall on the floor but nothing happened.

I opened eyes just to witness a veiny arm holding onto the container in the air. I was petrified at first, and backed off. Then realised this bastard was right here and I didn't notice. No way. I didn't dance in front him. did I?

"H-how long have you Been here?" I asked looking away as he had this smug over his face. Was he even guilty for what he did?

"Since you started to hum and dance throughout the living room till here. I saw everything." He smirked knowing how embarrassed I was again, what do I gain by literally embarrassing myself everytime in front of him?!

I gulped and looked away scratching the back of my ear, he chuckled for God knows what reason. He loves making me fun of me

"Is that your habit?" He asked curiously looking at me with the same face he had last night. He's somehow changed but still hasn't. "What are you talking about?"

"That blushing and looking away and scratching your ear when you're embarrassed.. or, do you have a crush on me" he spoke having the guts to say something so cringe to me.

"Why will i have a crush on you?!" I shooted somehow regretting how harshly I replied after noticing his hurt expressions or maybe I was just imagining things. I walked pass him and sat on the couch turning on the TV not caring about whether he'll say something about it or not.

"Well you can't eat that" snatching the packet of chips from my hands he smirked. "What the hell is your problem? Give that back to me now." I sternly stated,

"You're still not well little strawberry. You should eat something healthier. Mom made some porridge for you, Do you want me to bring it?" he spoke under his breathe, my head couldn't process what he just said even though I heard it clearly.

He asked me to eat healthy and to bring the porridge to me by himself? Like are you kidding me dude? Am I f*cking dreaming or what?!

"Uhm... No I'm good." I quavered as I watched him scanning my face, "why are you blushing again?" Raising one of his eyebrow he whispered sitting beside me, shifting closer as he kept his gaze on me.

"I-im not blushing okay?! You just shut up and let me watch the TV peacefully." I changed the subject, facepalming myself internally at how easily I get flustered. I try my best to hide my emotions, but at the end of the day this person notices something so small and make fun of me over it. Ugh!

I switched the channel and saw Tom and Jerry displaying, my favourite cartoon. I loved watching it with dad.

My dad...

"What's wrong?" I snapped out of the thoughts and saw him reading my face, he looked like he was concerned. Which was new to me, "what?"

"No- you.. you just had that sad expression all of a sudden." He said keeping the eye contact. Where does he bring the confidence to look directly in one's eye for so long, cuz I'd faint if I had to.

"It's nothing.." said I pulling my legs up and folding them to be in a more comfortable position. I focused on the cartoon rather then him who was just looking at me as if he wanted to say something, but couldn't. Why should I even care,

He suddenly got up and walked towards the kitchen, I peeked from my position, I saw him pulling out a dish from the fridge, he placed it on the counter carefully

"Shouldn't you be focusing on the TV rather then staring at me Miss y/n?" He smiled as I quickly looked towards the TV averting my gaze from him. I didn't say anything, knowing if I did it will only make it more awkward.

After a few more minutes, I saw him bring a bowl filled with porridge and placed it in front of me on the wooden table. He walked in a quick pace and I noticed he brought a blanket with him which almost hid his face as of how big it was. He carefully placed it next to me, and hovered the blanket over my body bending down to me level covering me properly.

I had no words to say, I just watched him doing something I never knew he could do. He seemed like that bad*ss person when I met him, and he hurt me. And even now, when I think of I can't forgive him for those words, but his actions spoke apology. Maybe that's what he couldn't speak, and just tried to show.

From the same level, our faces few centimetres away, he looked directly in my eyes after covering me with blanket.

"Can you... Forgive me?"