7. Beginning

"I think you really do have a crush on me, don't you?"

He smirked putting his hands back in the pockets of his joggers,

"W-what a narcissist!" I spit out feeling blood rushing to my cheeks as I felt myself blushing again, no freaking way!

"Jungkook! Y/n! Come down you both!" I quickly ran out hearing aunt Sofia's voice, i'm glad I escaped that awkward situation.

I smiled as I saw aunty coming towards me with so much concern, while mom just stood behind still upset with what happened. "How are you feeling now? Did you eat something? Did jungkook bother you?" She had so many questions, but she was actually concerned with each of them.

"I'm feeling much better now aunty, and yes I had the porridge you made it was delicious, thank-you. Jungkook didn't bother me, um.." I paused turning around to see if he was coming but he wasn't, " He helped me with some maths problems." I stated smiling. I could see her worry slowly fading,

but mom, she was standing still at a little distance zoned out staring at the floor with the shopping bags in her hands, with the same frown she had yesterday.

I glanced at her as my smile faded eventually, "should I.. talk to her?" I whispered looking at aunty as she smiled, her smile filled my heart with comfort. It had this warmth that it could embrace your heart in any state. She was a living sunshine.

"Y/n, you don't have to think so much, she's really just guilty. She was really worried about you so I took her out to lighten her mood up. Go hug your mom, she'll be happy." She patted my back in an attempt to console me and went upstairs to check up on the jerk who didn't come down when called.

I watched as mom slowly snapped out of her thoughts and placed the bags on the table and rested on the couch. Her fingers red as the heavy bags left their marks on them. I watched her leaning back as she knitted her brows together, feeling the pain in her shoulders.

I sighed knowing she probably didn't sleep at all, she was awake the whole night because she felt bad about locking me in and yelling at me. Feeling guilty about something that any mother will do to their child, when staying in the house of people she owes to, Even though she still thinks that I was wrong. Isn't it weird....
A mother's love.

I slowly approached her as I fixated my eyes on the floor not Willing to make an eye contact, because if I did, i'd cry.

I sat beside her grabbing her attention, she watched me fiddling with my fingers. "I'm sorry mom." I spoke out, she turned to face me and watched me for a minute, then took my hands in hers,

"you aren't at fault my daughter, I know it must have been overwhelming to adjust to the new environment, but we can make it better. Just trust me...
and try to be more polite here. I don't want Sofia to feel that we're ungrateful, I need you to co-operate. " She exclaimed placing her palm over my head and caressing it gently.

I looked at her, her eyes glistening with tears now as she smiled softly, still caressing my hairs. She was in pain. She couldn't say it. It was all my fault, And I need to fix it.

I know since when things started to go wrong, so I'm going to stop doing it. I'm not going to talk to him anymore, I'll avoid him as much as I can to keep things right. This is the least I can do for her, so I need to do better.

"Mom.." I smiled pulling her hand down as it slipped from my head into my hands, "I trust you. And I promise, I won't trouble anyone anymore." I smiled warmly as she blinked the tears away and pulled me in her embrace. "I was so harsh on you honey, I'm so sorry." She murmured, I hugged her tighter and a grin appeared on my face as I shifted closer in her embrace.

----

I've been doing my work since an hour and couldn't get anything straight to my head. Guess I'd just have to discuss everything with the teacher. I placed my hand over my neck stretching my neck to the left feeling the pain, too tired to continue. I sighed getting up from the chair, I looked over to my watch, holy shit!! Its aready 7:45 pm??

Day went by too quickly, I walked over to my cupboard to get my clothes ready for tomorrow I have go to the school to fill up some forms so I can start my classes from the day after.

Pulling a T-shirt and a jeans out along with a cardigan my mom sewed, I hanged them in a hanger.

I heard a knock and tilted my head towards the door, I didn't say anything, what if it's him.

And the knob suddenly turned opening the room, ofcourse it's him.
Barging inside the room, he smiled mischievously. "Preparing for tomorrow?" He asked sitting on the bed jumping a little, I looked away quickly completely ignoring his existence, walking straight out of my room to go for dinner downstairs.

I sensed him running out of the room as he approached me and slowed his pace, walking with me through the corridor. "Ignoring me?" He asked Staring at my face, I took a turn to go downstairs ignoring him once again. He didn't followed me again, maybe processing what happened.

I reached the hallway making my way towards the kitchen, I saw mom and aunty chatting as they prepared the dishes. I smiled approaching them. Taking the dishes from the kitchen counter. "Oh! y/n, you don't have to do this sweety." Aunty held the plates in her hands stopping me carefully,

"No it's okay aunty, I can help you." I took it from her hands as she smiled,

"How thoughtfull she is..." She adored me as I walked to the dinner table with a soft smile.

---

Having the dinner as it felt too awkwardly silent, aunty Sofia spoke up. "Uhm- y/n, you have to visit your school tomorrow right?" I looked at her nodding my head at her question, "yes, for filling up some forms." She smiled then looked at Jungkook who seemed to be upset for an unknown reason. He didn't look up even for a second during the eating session.

"Jungkook?" He moved his head up at being called out, "why don't you two go together tomorrow? You can show her around the school as well." I choked on my food at her statement, noticing he slid the glass of water towards me.

"Sure mom, we can go together."