A Smile On Those Soft Lips

"Mine..."

A screechy demonic voice demanded as you ran. You were gasping for air, legs moving towards endless darkness as unfamiliar screeches continued to come closer and closer to you. There seemed to be no way out, no one to help you as your voice desperately called out for help but nothing came. Your body begs to have a rest yet you refuse, forcing your legs to aid you in reaching an unknown destination. You need to get away. Now!

"Mine..."

A metallic scent suffocates your airway as the red liquid starts to drip down from the walls. It was dripping everywhere no- it's rising! It was slowing down your speed, gripping your legs in place. No, no, no! What is this?! Your feet are forced to lift themselves, making you progress just a little more. No, you just needed more time. Yet, the screeching noises are approaching even closer, faster even! You did not dare to look back not once, heart pumping out blood intensely as you forced your legs to take the lead. Every step slowly becomes a Herculean effort as if the weight of your energy only passes through your lungs instead of your legs.

Your voice was desperate, pleading and crying for some help. The blood was now rising higher and higher, faster than before! Your chest expands even more taking in deep breaths. It's rising even more now, crawling up to your neck, now to your chin causing you to gasp for more air. You can't! it cannot end like this. Your body was kicking, forcing yourself to swim up but it was pointless as some unknown forces were dragging your body deeper and deeper until you were fully immersed in blood. "Please...someone...just help me-"

As if some miracle happened, some angel-like figure appeared right before your eyes, dragging your body higher. But, it didn't hold you gently, oh no- it was much more rather forceful as if it was seeking some nearest surface. You didn't care at all, your prayers and pleading were answered, and finally, someone was there for you. Finally, you were getting closer to the surface of this hellish place. Your head pierces through the barriers that separate the air and water, your body is being dragged out fully, and now-

                                                    -------------------------------------------------

Your mouth instantly gasps for air, screaming for help as your eyes swing wide open. Your body flew upward instinctively from the intensity, hand immediately went clutching your chest. You can feel your chest expanding in and out as your heart hammers against your ribcage as if it were annihilating the weight of your fear out of your body. What was that? No, it's only a dream and you only ever had peaceful nights except this one. Your eyes slowly blinked a few times before reality started to set in. You are in your bed, inside your mansion, and safe.

"Mine..." You repeat to yourself. Yet.. who ?

The morning instead greets you with the choir of birds humming outside your balcony window as the warm ray of sunlight kisses your skin. A soft breeze flowed through the thin silky sheets of your bedroom, rustling the hook against the iron curtain bar. It then brushes over your skin, indicating that you had left the balcony door open from last night providing you with a sense of warmth. Your eyes went towards the bedroom door immediately, but there was no urgent knock. Maybe you woke up too early this time you thought to yourself. Slowly lifting yourself off your bed, your head turned towards the white silky curtains while the breeze continued to cool your room.

Your fingers brushed off the leaf that was on your head, letting it flow sideways gracefully as it dropped to the ground.

"It was only a dream." You convinced yourself, your heart was pounding heavily reminiscing the way those hands...on your neck... No, you need to stop thinking about that! Completely immersed in your thoughts, murmuring the lessons you were remembering from yesterday until a loud knock shatters your concentration. Tilting your head towards the door, it was time to get some breakfast.