A Quick Glance

(This chapter is a bit more lengthy compared to the other ones.)

The thought of officially meeting the General and Miss Tingyun left a murky feeling in the back of your head. Considering how Blade reacted towards him, you began to question what happened in their past, specifically in the Mara War.

But that sly Miss Tingyun...

You have never met her but guessing from the pen pal you were previously sending letters to, it matches. The way her eyes left a grinning expression, you could imagine the way her lips curved in a grin despite being covered by her fan.

You were greeted with the sound of the doorbell as Blade opened the door, ringing through your years.

"Mistress, we've arrived."

Your body flinched as your footsteps that were mindlessly walking came to a halt. It was a dress shop, not well known by others but it was the most convenient to go to when it came to the closest location. The others were too far, some even took a few days to even reach such a destination from yours.

"This will be our last stop before we can go back to the mansion." You enthusiastically claimed.

Blade nodded in response as his gloved hand reached out towards the doorknob handle, swinging it open for you to enter. The doorbell rang out, but not too loud that it would not grab anyone's attention from outside.

"We cannot stay for too long, mistress. The sun will begin to set anytime soon."

Stepping inside, you were met with the scent of the welcoming familiar building with some decorations radiating itself as an antique shop rather than a seamstress shop owner. There were mannequins at some corners of the first room instead of being placed in a particular fashion. Each corner had a variety of clothing designs for everyone, from simple suits, dresses, to extravagant gowns that will only be worn once in a lifetime. The old wooden decorations, mostly created by inventors, were placed beside a mannequin, patiently waiting to be used for its original purpose.

With its out-of-place decor, the owner seemed to be lacking in interior design knowledge with the ostentation appearance of the shop.

In front of you and Blade was an unoccupied desk with its documents being placed with a sloppy effort to maintain a tidy workspace. Pens, threads, and rolls of fabric were stored on shelves but some rolled off to the floor. The clothing, on the other hand, was displayed to demonstrate the options of styling choices you will expect if you want a custom-made outfit.

Fortunately, none of the clothing looked distasteful to one's eyes for now.

You couldn't complain much since it was the closest one available due to managing your whole day exploring rather than making your errands the main priority. Blade, however, walked forward to inspect anyone in the room.

Blade's finger brushed off the dust from the shelf next to you, rubbing its residue between his pointer and thumb. "Mistress, are you certain that you want to get your cloth-"

The door behind the desk burst open.

"Oh- my apologies you two. I was currently resting until I heard the doorbell." A woman entered, scrambling her hands to the unorganised desk.

She was tall, with hair reaching up to her chin and having some common features with Tingyun with the fox-shaped ears. Yet, her charcoal hair was styled with a simple short length on all sides with no layers.

"Welcome to the shop. My name is Qingni, my apologies for the late introduction but the owner is currently on a trip somewhere. If you wish to have a dress or something else made, you can only book a reservation until the owner returns."