Standing Next to You

You were bewildered by the sight in front of you, resulting in your feet staying in place. The soft cool breeze brushed against your cheeks, whereas Blade's warm, gloved hand remained on your shoulder. Not a single word had been spoken as you were grasping every detail of beauty.

"What a view..." was all you could mutter from your lips.

Blade's hand had deliberately removed itself away from you with his body leaning back to provide you some space. The scenery in front of you was nothing you had ever seen during your travels. How did something nearly so close to you display such a breathtaking view?

You finally took a step forward, leading yourself to the other side. Perhaps it would be best to spend a leisure day here with Blade to ease your mind. Blade followed from behind, allowing you to walk downward on the slope of the grass. Though, it would be best to return before the sun sets.

"Mistress..." Blade spoke out.

Turning around, Blade was staring at you in a nonchalant manner. He had displayed himself with a disinterested demeanour, indicating that his thoughts were drifting elsewhere.

"Nevermind, just go ahead and enjoy your leisure time."

With his satchel on his side, he had pulled out a book which had been sitting on yours which had been sitting on your desk; you have only read it halfway before Blade brought it with him. Leisure and entertainment were rather limited. Compared to the modern advancements of the Xianshou Loufu, the common people had less opportunities due to the lack of technology. Though, the introduction to more advanced technology had been slowly expanding due to trade as well as negotiating political relations in response to the effects from the Mara War.

Blade handed you the book before stepping towards the shade underneath the tree, providing his upper body some coverage against the warm sunlight. He then crossed his arms, remaining his guard up as you knew he would not let you out of his sight. However, you could not help but take a note of his eyelids desperately fighting off the rest he needs after restless nights of investigation.

With that in mind, your feet begin to walk, wandering off along the newfound place you are in. Your hand holds your unfinished book to your side as you stir further away from your guard, but not too much as you know that he will move from his place to follow you. Despite going towards the lake, you could not help but look back towards your guard.

"You may go rest right now. If I need anything, then I will call you over if I sense any possible threat nearby."

"That is what I cannot do, mistress. I was not hired to rest whenever I please," Blade firmly spoke out and shook his head in response. His gaze remained dull in which his crimson irises glowed from the shade underneath the tree.

 "But you would not be able to protect me regardless if your body cannot attain some sort of recovery."

Blade had only let out a sigh before walking towards you. His footsteps came to a halt underneath a different tree. It had provided him some protection on his whole body as he sat down on the rough grass; crossing his legs and having his back leaning against the bark of the tree.

Though he had sat by on a higher leverage of the hill, it had provided him a sense of security in knowing he could observe you whenever he pleased. However, you wanted to provide him with reassurance that there would be no threats during his rest. Walking back up towards him, you kneeled down on a rough patch of grass nearby. Your hands then proceeded to reach for his satchel and grab what you needed inside.

"Is there anything else you wish to retrieve before proceeding to do as you wish?" He asked, crossing his arms before his head leaned back on the tree.