Change of Plans

Returning to the mansion felt suffocating as your mind began to wonder why Blade was acting that way. Of course, you do not doubt that he needed to keep his guard up for your safety but you couldn't remove the image of his grip on your shoulder being so tense, let alone urging the coachman to flee.

All you remembered was catching a glimpse of that bloody swordsman but if it were just some random person who wanted to bring harm towards any citizen he would've just stayed by your side. However, the way his brows frown, the animosity of his breathing, and his attention concentrate on immediately leaving the place. A good guess would be that she was involved at the Mara War.

A lingering feeling within you sense that Blade's past was tied to that woman.

You assumed she was roughly about Blade's age, perhaps older. Regardless, his seemingly unpleasantries towards her from the way he was glaring, all you knew was that he was an orphan, a pitiful orphan that was taken in by some random unknown nobles; A warrior, an emotionless weapon for battle, a puppet that anyone in a higher position can command him to do. Blade, who was taken under Elio's care after a certain incident and the soldier who survived the Mara War.

"You should get change and rest, mistress," Blade said, putting his hand to his scabbard. His guard was up, even more than before.

"It's too early to get some rest for tonight."

"Then just change and stay inside for now."

"I'm not too tired after today but can you give me some explanation at least?"

"You don't need to know a thing about her."

"Well, I can't just see some random lady with a bloody sword and think of it as nothing." You scoffed, crossing your arms before stopping outside of your bedroom door.

"You can already know from the first instance by her bloody sword that she is not a harmless person. Just because I can fight means you can mindlessly wander around anywhere you like; if you want me to be more specific, you need to react fast if you see danger first." Blade's free hand went to massage his forehead. "I am aware of your previous guards quitting their jobs since they were all imbeciles, incompetent even; your father had already informed me of how your previous ones did their job and I doubt that they will do their job properly if they encounter her."

"What about you? It seems like you know her so what will you do about it? You're not working under anyone at the royal court right now."

"Like I said, you don't need to know. I highly suggest to keep your nose out of it.

"Would you send a message to the General immediately if that woman is such a high level threat? After all, he is known for leading military work, considering how serious you reacted earlier."

Blade held a deep breath, prohibiting himself from letting out a frustrated groan. His hand instead grabbed the doorknob handle, opening it for you to step inside.

And you did.

"I will...decide on it," Blade answered, his dull eyes removing itself from you. "Mistress, I suggest you change into some more comfortable clothing before we have a proper conversation. It is obvious that you look tired right now."

You could not deny that your body was begging to rot in bed at this point. Your feet were throbbing, the strength on your legs was draining and your shoulders were no longer pulled back, causing you to slouch. With a defeat, you held back an irritated sigh, closing the door on him as you began to remove your clothes.

Blade was right, you do not know a single thing about him.

                                ----------------------------------------------------