A Crack Slithering Within

(Hiii I am more active on  AO3 incase if you want to see some extra notes but regardless tysm for reading heres the new chap)

Your footsteps echoed through the hallways in your mansion as your servants began to whisper to each other on your current mood after the guest's visit. Though, not a single little care was let out of you knowing that rumours spread quickly. Despite your eagerness to personally request them to keep it in private secrecy due to your father's lack of knowledge on your pen pal or potentially others. The rumours itself you could care less once it had reached the ears of your own father; however, when it comes to your own personal private matters, you hoped for it to be left to yourself to handle. You knew full well that once your father gained knowledge of this incident, any subsequent letters sent to you would slip from your grasp under his iron authority in the estate.

Miss Tingyun must have already left quickly by now, but you could not help but remind yourself of her previous words. What was it that you were not aware about? Perhaps it would be better to take your own assumptions and judgements to your own accord alongside her advice. That stranger you noticed from the village also seemed peculiar. Personally, you knew that her sudden appearance had nothing to do with you. However, with her strange connection to Blade, your personal bodyguard at that, it seems as though there is more to her that requires your attention.

Although, why had Tingyun been so eager to know about my memories in connection to the war? For what cause would serve as her motivations, other than to taunt you. Not to mention, you could not help but wonder why her behaviour such a bothersome to you in that case.

Distracting yourself, you began to take a seat and remained glued to your desk, occupying yourself in doing the usual: tending to the paperwork, completing the estate's files, and the like. Similarly, Blade moved to his usual position and stood guard. Your guard had not uttered a single word yet, but he remained to observe you by a distance. He stood there in a cautious manner without a doubt, yet his watchful gaze did not go unnoticed, especially during a time in which you desired a bit of privacy to yourself. You began to assume on what had occurred. Perhaps it would satisfy his curiosities, if he had any for that matter. Regardless, he is most likely familiar with the situation already, and presumably so, considering that he remained outside the meeting room. After all, it was no doubt that he had a keen sense of hearing.

Nonetheless, Blade's curiosity was not significant enough to your priorities in comparison to your father's, especially once a servant informed him. Despite the secrecy of your meeting, it could not remain unhidden in this mansion, where wandering eyes and ears are placed at almost every corner; you could have everything you wished for, despite how the only real privacy granted to you is found in the comfort of your own room. However, you could not bear the silence inside your space as you secretly wished for Blade to leave you in private.

"Blade," you turned your head over your shoulder to meet his gaze towards you. "Would you mind if I had some time to myself for now?"

"I cannot, mistress." Blade refused sharply, crossing his arms.

It did not surprise you, nonetheless. An abrupt answer like that would not be out of character for him, as he takes your safety very seriously. However, something within you is saying that you need to gather more information out of him.Taking a deep breath, you begin to turn your whole body to the side against the chair and properly face him before your lips parted.

"It has come to my curiosity," your eyes went to focus on your finger that was playfully caressing the papers on your desk. "that a stellaron seems to be something that you are more knowledgeable of."

Blade's facial expression was slightly altered due to your curiosity about a subject that did not seem to be in your character to be curious about. However, his body did not shift in the slightest bit though his subtle reaction was everything to let you know beforehand. You knew that he cannot fully refuse your request and must simply comply to do so.