An Old Friend

Being in a cramped space with Blade made you feel quite queasy for some reason. It was cramped and shaky, making you cling to the rolls of fabric that sat on your lap, hoping that you wouldn't be flung over your seat. You couldn't help but draw open the curtains to gaze at the moving scenery and avoid Blade's eyes.

His arms remained crossed in regards to his stiff position in his seat. At times, his knees would touch yours, causing you to scooch backwards on your seat to give him space. Blade's cloak was hanging around his neck, keeping it in place as it unveiled itself due to your bodies' swaying and rocking to the side while maintaining balance.

You can see how the cloak was slowly messing up his hair, resulting from a few strands of his hair escaping the neat ribbon that kept it in place. A few more strands of his hair swooped down to his face with hints of redness, his hair blending with the colour of his pupils as if it's translucent.

Thud!

The carriage tilted more than usual; Blade's body suddenly lunged forward only for his hand to reach the wall of the carriage. His hand landed beside your head causing your eyes to widen from his sudden movement. Surprisingly, his dull expression altered to a more subtle, shocked face.

Your heart raced from the immediate change of position. Blade's presence was closer to you than ever. You felt his stirring breath reach for your face, and even some hair accidentally brushing against your cheek. He was so close, your foreheads almost touched. It would be utterly idiotic if he hadn't heard your gasp with your back being glued to the carriage wall.

"Apologies mistress." Blade pulled back, returning to his original position.

It was clear he sensed the discomfort he caused you from crossing your physical boundaries. Though, you both knew nothing could be helped due to the carriage's limited spacing for any comfort it can provide.

"It's all right." you reassured him.

The air was heavy as you placed yourself comfortably back in your seat. It was definitely going to be a long carriage ride.

                                                    -------------------------------------------------

The road itself was finally becoming smooth from the view outside, ranging from the colourful valleys and greenery of the trees, to the sight of busy people minding their own business unceasingly walking past you. The carriage came to a halt, giving you the full view of the village.

It was filled with the bustling streets of people walking by. Children were happily running around as parents would exhaustingly chase after them. The roads were filled with hearty laughter and other chatter amongst the villagers; their voices blending life into the humble wooden architecture and vibrant decorations all around you.

As the smell of pastries roamed around and wafted through your nose, you noticed how various merchants and stalls were placed at almost every corner you turn. From people actively bargaining with sellers to salespeople excitedly advertising their goods, you took note of the new environment surrounding you.

Not to mention, you can see people in all different shapes and attire walking along with their friends and family, joyously spending their time on a busy afternoon. In comparison to life at the mansion and other noble's homes, it was loud, busy, and chaotic with the sounds of animals being guided by their owners to another destination.

"Mistress, we've arrived," said Blade, reminding you not to waste the coachman's time.

"Oh, right."

You pulled up the hood of your cloak, adjusting your clothing as the coachman opened the door. Blade exited first before facing you again, extending his hand.